Chapter 22

Cheryl tightened her backpack straps on her shoulders, untangling them from the suspenders of her denim overalls. Though she walked with a confidence she'd never felt before, she was still nervous to talk to Toni about what she'd done on Saturday night. She couldn't keep it from her. Not only was it Toni's idea for her to do it in the first place, but she wanted to be able to share things like that with her girlfriend. She didn't want any secrets between them. Her sneakers clapped against the cold tile of the second floor hallway, her french braid bouncing against her back as she practically ran to the dark room. Despite being nervous to talk to Toni, she was still anxious to see her.

It didn't take her long to reach the photography lab and let herself inside, dropping her backpack onto a desk before she continued through to the dark room. After almost forgetting to close the door behind her, she stepped up behind her girlfriend and hugged her tightly around the waist.

"Hey, you," Toni giggled, turning in her grip to press her lips against hers with hands on either side of her face.

"Hi," she blushed, feeling her cheeks flame up under the brunette's touch before she leaned in for a few innocent pecks, "I missed you, TT."

"Missed you too," Toni scrunched her nose up with a smile before pulling back, "So, you did it, huh?"

Cheryl's eyes widened behind her glasses, a look of shock taking over her face as she was rendered nearly speechless. "I, um...how did you-"

"Let's just say I'm good at reading people," she chuckled and folded her arms over her chest, smirking wildly, "So how was it?"

"It was...different," Cheryl blushed, tucking loose hair behind her ear as she averted her eyes with a shy smile.

"Was it good?"

The redhead nodded, pulling the fabric of her burgundy turtleneck away from her throat nervously, "I...did it last night too," she mumbled, ducking her head from embarrassment. She didn't think her cheeks could possibly get any more red.

"Told you," Toni chuckled, reaching up to pull her closer by the straps of her overalls, "How'd you feel after? Much more relaxed?"

"Mmhm," Cheryl nodded again, her breath catching in her throat as she was pulled closer. Her tongue flicked out over her lips as her gaze trailed from Toni's brown eyes down to her devilish smirk, watching every move of her lips. Her eyes glazed over a bit at the sight of Toni's perfect white teeth catching her plump bottom lip, sinking into the skin. And just watching her lip slowly slide out from between her teeth made Cheryl ball up the fabric of Toni's cable-knit sweater in the tight grip of her fists, her heartbeat picking up speed.

"Wish I coulda been there," the brunette whispered, her lips curving up into a smirk.

"Hm?" Cheryl hummed, too out of it to register what she had said.

"Just saying, thinking about you like that...it's pretty hot," Toni shrugged.

The redhead's tongue flicked out over her dry lips. The blush was consistent on her cheeks, but her mind was too clouded to even feel shy over what her girlfriend had said.

"Really?" she whispered, finding that their faces just kept inching closer together.

"Yeah," the former Vixen nodded slowly, unable to resist closing the gap between them any longer.

Cheryl whimpered against her lips, gripping harder to her sweater as Toni kept a hold of her overall straps, keeping her close. Her whole body tingled with adrenaline as she felt herself being backed up, the back of her thighs hitting the supply table gently as Toni's tongue glided against her own. The brunette's hands slipped down from her suspenders to her hips and Cheryl suddenly found herself sitting on the edge of the wooden table with Toni standing between her knees. "TT..." she panted, her own hands reaching up for the curly hairs at the nape of her neck.