Chapter 25

"Would you stay still?" Toni chuckled as she dusted Cheryl's cheeks and nose with blush, trying to make it look as realistic as possible.

"I'm sorry, it tickles," the redhead just giggled back, her nose scrunching up as Toni tickled her with the little brush. Last night they worked out a plan to be able to spend the day together by themselves, not wanting to bother with skiing or chaperoned activities. It took some convincing (kissing) from Toni to get Cheryl to agree to it. She didn't want to get in trouble. The brunette was 95% sure that the plan would work, but it was the remaining 5% that had Cheryl's anxiety levels up.

"Okay, I'm gonna go downstairs to get Weatherbee," Toni walked to the vanity area, grabbing her hair dryer before coming back, plugging it in next to the bed. "When I leave, put this on the hottest setting and hold it on your forehead for a few minutes. When we get back, just lay there and act sick. Cough, sniffle, the works."

"I don't think Principal Weatherbee is gonna buy this, Toni," Cheryl looked skeptically at the hair dryer, "And if he does, who says he's gonna let you stay with me?"

"Babe, trust me. You and I are supposed to be mortal enemies. He's never gonna believe that I actually want to stay and take care of you," Toni held her hands on her hips, glancing at the clock. Everyone would be meeting in the dining hall for breakfast soon. "I'm gonna head down there now and catch him early," she crossed the small space between them and kissed her quickly, "Just remember, act sick."

"Okay," Cheryl nodded. She was fine with faking sick and staying behind from the group today. It was the plan to sneak out of the hotel room after everyone leaves that had her nervous. She watched her girlfriend leave the room and turned the hair dryer on, following Toni's instructions.

Meanwhile, Toni made her way down to the dining hall, making a beeline directly for the man in charge of this whole trip. "Principal Weatherbee, my roommate's not feeling too good. She wanted me to ask you if she could skip out on activities today," she crossed her arms over her chest, rolling her eyes a little as if telling him was a huge inconvenience to her.

"Ms. Blossom couldn't have come down to tell me herself?" he looked up at her from his seat at the table.

"I don't think she could walk down here if she tried. She sounded like she was hacking up a whole lung earlier," she cringed, acting grossed out.

The principal sighed, excusing himself from the other teachers and chaperones. "Let's go check on her," he muttered, leading Toni out of the dining hall and up to her and Cheryl's room.

Toni swiped her room key and allowed him to go in first, smirking a bit to herself at the sound of Cheryl coughing. "She hasn't even gotten out of bed all morning," she explained, following him in.

"Not feeling too well, Miss Blossom?" the older man stood beside Cheryl's bed.

"No, sir," she croaked, coughing right after as she made it look like she was struggling to keep her eyes open. She flinched a little when she felt the back of his hand on her hot forehead, but he seemed convinced that she was sick.

"Well, looks like you'll be staying in bed today. Miss Topaz, see that she gets plenty of rest. You're excused from activities for the day," he turned to leave the room.

"Wait, what?" Toni folded her arms across her chest again, looking at him incredulously as she put on her performance, "Sir, I came here to have fun with my friends, I'm not a babysitter. Can't you get one of the chaperones to stay with her?"

"There are a hundred students on this trip, Toni, I can't just pluck a chaperone from their post," he told her sternly.

"This is so unfair, why should I have to-"