Distractions

Tina's P.O.V

After seeing the very, very cute display of Sam and Ty cuddling while watching one of the cartoons I actually let them watch, I walk out of the kitchen with Thomas on my hip and two mugs of smoothies for my other boys, Tommy has a bottle with diluted juice and I need to go get my smoothie.

I set Tommy down in front of the sofa but he stands up and tries to pull himself up on there with Sam and Ty and Ty is giggling while he just watches his baby brother struggle. I giggle as I watch and watch Sam chuckle and reach down to grab him and set him on his lap and Tommy giggles and gurgles.

Ugh. They're so cute! How'd I get so lucky?!

I really don't know how this happened. Like I have the two cutest babies, an amazing best friend that helps me out and I've met an amazing guy. I feel so grateful for them. I really don't know what I would do without them in my life now.

But now I need to help my friend out. My best friend. This is the first time I've heard of him having a boyfriend in a couple of years. I know he sleeps with other guys on occasion. And I only know that because he's been living with me for a while and the walls are thin. But he actually had a boyfriend and he didn't even tell me.

Why didn't he tell me?

We told each other everything, used to anyways. I'm sure he had his reasons though. I mean, I do have kids now, a new boyfriend.

I feel like I've been selfish, if I'm honest. I haven't had time with just Sam and the boys, like a real outing.

"What do you say about a picnic?" I ask softly as Tommy is falling asleep on Sam.

Sam looks up at me and I see him give me his gorgeous smile that I love. I smile back at him. Raising an eyebrow since he hasn't answered me yet.

"That sounds awesome. I'd love to go on a picnic with you." He grins, "Would Milo be coming along?"

"No, just us and the boys. Thought it would be a nice distraction." I shrug when he gives me a look. "What?" I give him an innocent look.

He doesn't buy it.

"Look, I'll tell you about it soon, and thank you for thinking of a picnic to 'distract' me." He chuckles. He looks down at Ty beside him, then at Tommy who's sleeping against his chest now.

"Ok." I smile to let him now that he can take as much time as he needs. A boyfriend was new to him. He didn't have any in high school. That I knew of at least. Sure I seen him openly making out with guys that were out in school but that's it. He's a little promiscuous.

I just hope it hasn't gotten too serious before he broke up with him. I'd hate to see him in any kind of pain. He's like my brother.

I know I have siblings. But I ran off, I shut them out before I actually left. I'd rather have them hate me than anything else. But since I went back and seen them. They added me on Facebook and we talk from time to time. It's weird. Really weird. But it's nice.

"I was actually thinking that you and I can go out dancing, let Scar and Kat look after the boys?" He breaks me out of my thoughts, I look at him in surprise, he hasn't wanted to do this in a long time.

"Yeah, I'll see if they can watch them on Saturday." I smile again, I have to admit tho, I love going out to dance with him. Now he's gay, but we dance together and then he has guys wanting to be with him and he diverts any guy that tries to talk to me.

According to him, a part from Milo, no guy was ever good enough for me. He'd always make it seem like he was my boyfriend while we went out. I didn't mind, not at all. It was actually a relief when he did that. I just go out to dance and have a couple of drinks. Not to hookup with a random stranger. It's not my style.