CHAPTER SIX: SAYING GOODBYE

** Warning this chapter does have some graphic violence in it**

{She couldn't believe that monster found her. She had hoped they had run far enough away. Hid long enough and stayed away from people for enough time. 

Guess not, she thought sardonically as the last shreds of coherent though left her mind. I finally get to avenge our parents' death she thought as she watched her brother shift. 

She took one last look at this strange but incredibly complicated boy standing up to Dimitri. He was actually shouting at him, even though she could sense how frightened he was of the giant. 

No one she has ever met or heard of has stood up to Dimitri like this young boy she thought.

Then she blurred and ran into the rain. She circled, silently stalking and watching the ensuing drama enfold. 

That boy was either very brave or very foolish. Perhaps a little of both she figured. 

She had to dance out of the way of the strange bolts of electricity striking all around. Every time the boy shouted the very air and lightning seemed to answer his call. Almost like it was punctuating his sentences or... but that is impossible. No one can control Mother Nature. 

Yet she watched in fascination as the blue bolts flashed down all around, yet none even came close to him and it was as if he didn't even realize it. 

That was it, she thought. He isn't even aware of what he is doing. Could it be possible? She thought in wonder and amazement as this strange kid faced down her mortal enemy. 

Then the shotgun blast shook her out of her inner thoughts and she watched in stunned shock as her brother flew backwards striking a tree and then he turned the gun on the boy and fired again. 

It all happened so fast and she was frozen by the site of her brother's bleeding and broken form. She didn't have time to try and save the boy. 

No! She shouted to herself growling and the red mist took all other thoughts away as she felt her fangs shred her gums and let the change take her completely this time. 

It was different this time she realized too late. She couldn't control the change. Something was not right...the blood.. it was the blood and it was sooo good.}

----------------------------------

Dimitri was laughing loudly as I held the still form of my best friend in my arms.

"One less dog to worry about now boys," he said, and the remaining two men laughed with him.

"Dimitri," Alexei said from behind the laughing giant.

I only barely heard him, nor did I even care anymore. I was thinking how my friend and I would never be able to go running through the woods chasing our dreams or lie in the snow while he ran around trying to catch snowflakes in his mouth.

"Hey Dimitri!" Alexei shouted again finally getting the giant's attention.

"Well, well, not dead yet? I can certainly help you with that problem." He said turning from me to face the now barely standing but still bleeding Alexei.