4. It's a hell of a drug

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
May 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia

I stormed into the house. I had yet to speak a word to Onika since she'd sprung the news on me that she was selling drugs.

But not just any drugs COCAINE.

"Beyoncé." Nicki called out to me. I could hear the irritation in her voice.

I whipped around and looked at her as she slammed the door shut.

"Onika, I really can not believe you , you're not just selling it locally but also trafficking drugs across fucking seas."

Yes, we got into the car. And because I was so silent Onika began to tell me everything she was doing regarding to her "job".

"Beyoncé you will never understand the grind I have because your spoon fed ass has never had to deal with worrying about where the hell your next meal is coming from, this is the only business I have ever known." I could tell she was mad because her eyebrows met in the middle in a scowl. I took slight offense to her statement.

"And same thing that was bringing your next meal caused your ass to be locked up. Onika do you not realize how serious Trafficking fucking cocaine is. Weed is one thing but Coke for crying out loud. I thought you were smarter then that." I scouffed.

Nicki scolded me as I brought up her arrest.

"You know what Bey, I wouldn't expect you to understand. But as my WIFE. As my PARTNER. I expect you to ride for me til the fucking wheels fall off, and have my back when I'm trying to do something that benefits the both of us." I sat shocked at her words

"Do something best for the both of us? Onika you could go to fucking jail, not for months but years. I accepted the pimping shit you did, cause I knew that was how you made your money, which is already Illegal. Now you're selling cocaine you've lost your damn marbles if you think I'm going to accept this."

"I don't give a damn if you do accept it or not." The stubborn Onika had taken place. And like numerous times before she shut down. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her face rested in a blank stare.

"See Onika why do you always fucking do that?" I threw my hands in the air.

She didn't change her stance just continued to eye me. 

My eyes watered up.

"You always shut me out and I hate that." I was about to start crying and I felt it.

I watched as Onika's face visibly loosened up as she heard my tone of voice.

Onika sighed before dropping her arms to her side.

"Onika this shit scares me. I don't want to lose you, and by you doing this again I feel like I could." I spoke softly as I played with my fingers.

"Bey look at me." I felt Onika's finger lightly lifting my head to follow her voice.

Once my eyes locked with hers she began to speak.

"Baby, I gotchu aight, I know this shit dangerous why do you think I'm not touching any of it myself. Listen how about i just push the rest of my product that I have out and I just stop after that? I can even show you the ropes Bey." I looked into her chocolate eyes always seeing the same sincerity every time she spoke to me.