Chapter 8

After Makoto's words, the both of them went silent. Makoto was blushing while looking to the side. Kyoko had a shocked look on her face before clearing her throat. "I see."

Makoto looked at her. "You... See?" Makoto sighed softly.

"Don't get the wrong idea, Makoto. I don't object to... dating you at all." Kyoko explained.

Makoto went wide eyed.

"However, if we do date, you'll have to break up with Sayaka. I don't want to be in the middle of drama."

"Well that's the thing... Sayaka and I aren't actually dating. We made it up to see if you actually liked me or not." He said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I see. I did consider that a possibility." Kyoko looked away.

The two of them were once again met with silence. After a while, Makoto spoke up.

"So... Uh... What now?"

Kyoko, acting quickly, walked up to him. She placed his hands on her hips and her arms around his neck. "Why don't we make it official?" Kyoko began to lean in.

Makoto's heart began to beat faster and faster. His face becoming redder and redder. His mind began to flow with thoughts. He then suddenly stopped thinking and leaned in as well.

Inches before their lips met they heard somebody clear their throat. The two of them pulled back as they saw Jin Kirigiri, the headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy, watching them.

Kyoko cleared her throat and let go of Makoto and followed the headmaster.

"I-I'm sorry sir!" Makoto yelled.

"Makoto Naegi. Come to my office after the classes today." Jin said as be walked off with Kyoko.

Makoto and his red face slipped back into the lunchroom. He quietly made his way to his seat next to Sayaka.

"Good job!" Sayaka punched him in the arm. "I told you it would work." She gave Makoto a thumbs up.

"H-how do you know what happened?" Makoto asked her.

"Oh that's easy. I'm psychic." Sayaka said seriously.

Makoto blinked.

"Sayaka and I were watching you two the whole time." Hina told him.

Sayaka then giggled.

"Uh... Sayaka... Everyone. Thanks..." Makoto smiled.