Chapter 12

Kyoko was sitting on her bed, looking through files and analyzing them. She narrowed her eyes as somebody knocked on her door. She looked up at the door. After carefully putting the files in her drawer, she opened the door.

It was Makoto; he had his hand extended, and at the end of it was a flower. A rose to be more specific.

"Is this for me?" Kyoko asked with a soft smile.

Makoto nodded and smiled warmly at her.

Kyoko smiled softly and took the flower, "Thank you."

"Of course. A pretty flower for a pretty girl, right?"

Kyoko smiled a bit more, "Did you come up with that yourself?"

"N-no... I got it off the internet." The lucky student rubbed the back of his head.

Kyoko lightly chuckled. She lightly pulled him in from the collar of his shirt and planted her lips onto his. Makoto blushed softly but returned the kiss with just as much passion.

Kyoko slowly pulled back from him, "I apologize, I'm quite busy at the moment. Can I come find you later?"

Makoto looked a bit upset, but cheered up. "Of course, I'll be around!" Makoto said with a smile. He turned around to walk away.

"Oh, Makoto." Kyoko called.

Makoto turned around to look at his girlfriend.

"I love you." She said with a warm smile.

"I... I love you too." Makoto sheepishly turned back around, still not being used to how she said it.

Kyoko lightly giggled and shut the door. She took time to place the rose into a vase, and then she began looking through the files in her drawer. She sat at her desk this time and began writing notes in the notebook Makoto gave her.

The file she was looking through was stamped CLASSIFIED in big red letters. The file was of the murderous fiend Genocide Jack.

"Who are you..." Kyoko thought to herself outloud.