🍃Chapter 5🍃

"There's always solace in the darkness"

Time Stamp: 09:00pmYear xxxx 17th century

Time Stamp: 09:00pm
Year xxxx 17th century

Her small feet hitting the ice cold pavement as she ran, trying get away from her pursuers, the snow starting to fall heavily, as the hard thumping of men's feet were starting to become more evident in that quiet night, torches in hand they all ran after her, pursuing the woman to the deepest most darkest part of the forest.

Her fear stricken form wanted to fly away but they had shot one of her wings so now she was injured and had to resort to escaping like a human being, she kept wondering how did things become like this, everything was fine just an hour ago and now they were men who claimed to be doing god's work chasing after her with pitch forks and torches, she admitted to herself that she was too careless, she shouldn't have allowed that woman to see her true form, the woman just walked in on her and the lady's husband doing the deed but she didn't get what the big deal was, it's not like she was the one committing adultery.

Sighing she quickened her pace, her eyes scanning through the dark forest as she tried to find somewhere to hide, she could clearly see the lighting of the torches illuminating the dark forest, the thundering footsteps of the men could be heard, as they yelled in anger calling her a demon and a witch, even to go so far as to say the spawn of the devil.

Although her life was in danger she couldn't help but chuckle at their use of words but were they wrong, she really was the spawn of the devil, even she thought so at times, she had never wanted any of this but what could she do, she had to feed to survive, pathetic isn't it, she hadn't wanted to be reborn as a Succubus, but it seemed that the heavens had had their own plans for her, turning her into a creature such as she was, it was all so endearing that it was laughable.

She wanted nothing more than to die and be human again but she was afraid to die, afraid to kill her own self, she didn't want to experience it again, that lonely darkness that she had to be stuck in until the day she was reincarnated again, she didn't want to go through that loneliness not ever, it was something she had grown to hate more than anything else, even more than she hated what she had become.

Only one good thing had came out of any of this, she was able to meet her brother once again, after the fire that consumed both her and her brother, nothing seemed right anymore but what destroyed her entire feelings of being humane was learning that the person that had set the fire was their own father, when it had come to light that he did it for some woman that he had been cheating on her mom with she completely lost all trust for anyone, the word love just meant nothing but a word to her shattered heart.

One more shot rang through the desolate silence of the forest, the bullet hitting her uninjured wing, she wanted nothing but to scream out and cry out for help, but she knew she couldn't, she didn't want to endanger the two people that she had held so close to her heart, the only two people she trusted, the only two people that she'd actually consider her self to love.