CH-17 A GIRL IN HER SISTER'S WEDDING

"Hooriya Manha ki utri hui haldi tum laga lo, kehtein hain agar dulhan ki utri hui mehendi koi ladki lagaye to uski jaldi shadi ho jati hai. Hooriya put on the leftover Haldi of Manha on yourself, they say if a girl put the leftover haldi of the bride on her then she'll be a bride soon."

What nonsense?

Weird? But I was hearing these myths since Manha's wedding started.

Manha laughed and I screwed up my face "C'mon Hooriya lagao apne upar. Tumhe jaldi se dulhan banna hai naa? Good girl. Put it on your face. You wanna be a bride soon, won't you? Good girl."

I scrunched my nose but neverthless applied Haldi on my face. "Jitni bhi koshish kar lo, tu acchi lag hi nahi sakti, ye laga kar bhi. Try as much as you want, you can't look good even with this thing." Haidar made a disgusted face when he looked at the haldi. I gave him my sweetest smile, so sweet that I am afraid he might get diabetes.

I would never admit in front of him but He was looking quite good in a yellow kurta pajama which fitted his body perfectly. His bandage of head and plaster of his arm was removed now. But the leg plaster was still there. He was still getting problem in walking and little difficulty in moving his hand. Doctors said he'll be fine soon inshallah.

We were avoiding each other since three weeks but today when he came in our house for attending Mehendi of Manha he was behaving himself but I decided to not going to talk to him again, after he insulted me he thinks that everything would be normal.

Never.

"Main aati hu abhi. I'll be right back." I told Manha and left from there.

"Hoori?" Haidar called me from behind but I didn't stop and ran upstairs. When I was about to close the door he pushed it back, I forced my self to not let him come. "Aauu!" He groaned in pain. Shit. His injuries. I just hit his broken hand.

I stopped my protest. "kya hua? Lag gai? What Happened? Have you got injured?"

"Aww jhooti. Tune kaha tha tujhe koi farq nahi parta main jiuun yaa maru. Dekh, You care so much for me. Aww Liar. You've said you don't care if I live or die. See, you care so much for me." He pinched my chin and I jerked his hand away instantly.

"Shut up and get lost."

"Mujhe lagta hai mere Kan jaam ho gaye hain tum keh rahi ho get close get close aur mujhe get lost get lost sunai de raha hai. I think my ears are jammed. You're saying get close-get close and I am hearing get lost, get lost."

"Aap ko bilkul sahi Sunai de raha hai main get lost hi keh rahi hun. You're hearing correct, I said get lost."

"Theek hai phir main tumhare Abba se complaint karunga ki tum mujhe yahan se bhaga rahi ho. Okay then, I am going to complain to your father that you are running me off from here."

"Theek hai phir jakar Kaho to Unse. Okay, then go and say." His face fell, "Hoori sorry naa," Before he could speak any further I stopped him by raising my hand. "Haidar, please. I don't want to talk to you. Mere pass bahut kam hai karne ko Tum jao. I have much important stuff to do. So go."

I walked to the sync and started washing my face but my hairs fell on my face, then a pair of hands hold back my hairs gently, I looked into his deep dark brown eyes, and again I saw the thing I was afraid to find in his eyes again.

Without any other word, I washed my face and when I was finished he released them. If he was the old Haidar, he would pull up my hairs and make it a mess, but this Haidar was so sweet, how can I not forgive him. He followed me in my room.