Ch-26 A girl who gets slapped

I heard some footsteps behind me. I knew who it was just the sound of his footsteps, I turned to confirm and saw Haidar following me.

"Hooriya stop, please, I am sorry yaar." The journey to my room seemed too long. My footsteps became heavier the each I took.

I went into my room, I was about to close the door but he broke in. My breathing was uneven. I was sobbing and sniffing at the same time.

"Hooriya I am so sorry main gusse mein tha. Mujhe nahi pata main kya kar raha tha. Mujhe nahibpata tha ke phupho tere thappad maar dengi. I was angry. I didn't know what was I doing. I didn't know that aunt will slap you I am sorry." I gave in, he let himself in. he stepped closer but I stepped back.

"Hooriya, I am sorry naa, ab rona band karo please. Stop crying now please."

I shook my head. I want to scream at him, abuse him, strangle him but words were stuck in my throat.

"Kuch to kaho. Say something please."

"Leave me alone." I finally managed to say. My words hurt him but I don't care. I hate him. I want to hurt him I want to slap him the way my mother slapped me.

"Hooriya..." He helplessly breathed out.

"Please Haidar jao yahan se. Kya wo sab kaafi nahi tha? Go away. Wasn't that enough?" I shouted he closed his eyes tightly, tried to compose his self then thankfully left. As soon as he left I closed the door and threw myself on the bed.

Why-why-why? It happened to me? Why always me? What have I done? My parents don't love me, they hate me. I always disappoint them.

You're useless, Hooriya.

Nobody loves you.

It's all because of mom. She shouldn't have slapped me. She is even my mother or not?

Why are you blaming Mom? If this engagement broke then dad will taunt her all her life. She must be so upset right now because of me. First, dad made her life difficult, now me.

If Haidar doesn't want to marry me now? Dad would kill me and mom. It is all because of me I shouldn't have provoked Haidar. He got angry. Why I am such a disappointment?

No one loves me, my parents, Haidar, Manha. No one.

After Crying for an hour, my tears were soaked. I heard a knock on the door.

I was too lazy to get up and open the door. When it knocked two more times I got up.

One can't even let cry in peace.

I opened the door and found aunt Aqsa aunty on the other side of the door. She passed me a smile and I tried to forced a smile but it couldn't get out.

She let herself in, I was so embarrassed about the incident that I can't even look her into her eyes. She kept staring at me with a slight smile on her face. Why is she staring at me? When she is not saying anything? I looked up from the ground and she took me in her embrace. She let my head rest on her chest, I sobbed, I couldn't compose myself. She held my face between her hands.

"Shh...Hooriya beta, koi baat nahi. Hota hai aisa . Kya tum Haidar ko roz pittey hue nahi dekhti uske dad se? Phir bhi wo galtiyan karta rehta hai. Chalo khadi ho, aansu poncho, muh dho, khana tayyar hai. It's okay. It happens. Didn't you saw Haidar beaten up by his father every day? Still, he made mistakes. C'mon, wipe up your tears and wash your face. Dinner is ready."

"Nahi mami-no aunty-"

"Uh-uh, Jaldi se washroom jao muh hath do aur mere sath chalo. Go to the washroom fast wash your face and hands." She ordered, pointing at the washroom door. I smiled at her and got into the bathroom. I looked myself in the mirror and burst into tears. I splashed my face with water several time and went out. "Betho. Sit." Aunt ordered, I sat on the edge of the bed.
"Kya hua tha? Mere bete ne kuch kara tha? What had happened? Did my son do anything?"