Ch-41 A Girl's hospitality

Hooriya Imam

Ting tong!

Who could it be? Nimmi aunty must forget something.

Leaving the half-cut vegetables on the kitchen counter, I ran to open the door. I peeked through the peephole and my breath caught in my throat. It's Shehriyar's mother!

Shit, what is she doing here now?

Taking deep breaths I opened the door. I tried to force a smile on my face.

"Assalamualeikum aunty!"

She watched me head to toe and made a disgusting face that makes my skin crawl.

"Side ho!
Move aside!" She dismissed, giving me a little push on a shoulder.

She wore a red chiffon saree. Her shoulder-length brown died hairs were freely waving on her shoulders and a red lipstick looked perfect on her fair skin.

She made her self comfortable on the couch like she owns this place. well, technically she did.

"Haan tumhara naam kya tha?
What was your name again?"

"H-hooriya!" Again she made a disgusted face.

"Nevermind," She dismissed with her hand. "Sit." she ordered. I did as I was told.

"So, Hooriya yahan kya kar rahi ho?
What are you doing here?"

I furrowed my brows. What does she mean by what I am doing here? She is not right in the head.

"aa..Uhmm..I"

"What aa-uhmm-I? I don't like people who stutter."

I felt like crying. I feel so humiliated. "Shehriyar laaye hain mujhe yahan.
Shehriyar bought me here." My voice was broken.

She smiled at me warmly. "Listen Hooriya, Shehriyar ki aadat hai ladkiyon ki feelings ke sath khelne ki. Apne father par gaya hai naa. Unfaithful. To tum apni ye shadi wagehra ko zyada seriously mat lena. Wo jald hi bore ho jayega. Tab usey tum yaad bhi nahi rahogi.
Shehriyar has a habit of playing with girl's feelings. He is like his father. unfaithful. So your marriage and all drama don't take it seriously, honey. Shehriyar will be bored soon. He will not even remember you?

As women to women, I am advising you, usey chor do issey pehle wo tumhe chore kam se kam tumhari dignity to bachi rahegi.
Leave him before he leaves you so that you can save your dignity."

I remained neutral but Inside I was confused yet disgusted by her words.

I wasn't over by her previous words then she bombarded me with another bomb. "You're not pregnant right?"

My eyes went wide in horror and I shook my head hurriedly.

She stood up from her seat, "Good. Phir jahan se aayi ho wahin chali jao warna Shehriyar aur uski duniya tumhe kuchal degi.
Good. Then go back where you came from, or else you will be crushed by Shehriyar and his world."

She was walking out of the door when I said, "Auntie, aapne to kuch liya hi nahi kam se kam pani to peekar jaiyye.
You haven't taken anything at least let me bring water for you."

Your throat must got bitter from all of the poison you have spilled.

She watched me like I had grown six more heads, she went off muttering something under her breath.

I was smashing every dish in the kitchen in both frustration and self-pity when someone knocked on the door again. My eyes went wide in horror, thinking my mother in law came back.

I wiped my tears and blinked several time so It won't seem like I've been crying.

First I consider not open it but I decided to just check maybe what if it's Shehriyar. I peeked from the peephole then opened the door.