Ch-25 A Girl gets humiliated

HOORIYA IMAM

My weekend passed by sticking up at home with My father, watching our favorite show criminal case.

I’ve been thinking, is everyone has been doing crime in the world? Then why don’t I? Then I thought  in the end, they all end up in jail.

So I dropped the idea.

There was a knock on the door, it must be my mother. She went to visit grandfather and was forcing me to come with her but I didn’t. If I went then everyone would make fun of me for marrying Haidar and not in the mood for anything right now. I want peace. She scolded me afterward but the criminal case was worth skipping the visit.

“kitna time lagati hai darwaza kholne mein. You took so much time to open the door.”  

My mother was huffing so she pushed me aside and entered quickly into the house, behind her Haidar was standing smiling widely at me. My heartbeat sped up.

“Phupho ye uthti hogi....phir yahan tak aati hogi....Moti. Aunty she took time in standing herself up then dragged herself here, fatty.” He whispered 'moti' in my ear.

I gave him my stubborn look, Mom laughed at Haidar's joke. Of course. He is her favorite nephew and son-in-law I might add.

As soon as mom went into the room Haidar grabbed me by my arm. “Tu kyu nahi aayi thi? Why you didn’t come?” He looked right into my eyes, searching for emotions and his answer but I was good at hiding. There were some drops of sweat on his face, giving him the right to look hotter.

Few seconds later when I was convinced his not going to let go of my wrist, and mom or dad could see us or get suspicious if we don’t enter then I hissed, “Meri marzi. Main jo chahein karu. My choice. I’ll do whatever.”

I ungrasped my hand from his hold then went into the kitchen. Mom shouted to make a cup of tea for Haidar. Ugh.

I stomped my feet on the floor. Jerk. I screwed my face up but instantly it turned into a smile when an idea came to my mind. After today he will never drink tea. He will hate tea forever. I added a very little amount of red chili powder, so the color of tea won't change, salt and a little bit garlic paste just for the smell.

I felt so proud of myself.

Mom brings him tea. I was laughing silently on the kitchen floor.

What if he told dad that I pulled a prank against his favorite son-in-law. No, no. He won’t tell but if he did—then you’re going to die Hooriya.

I stood out of the room where my parent can't see me but Haidar was in my full sight.

He took the first sip and made a disgusted face, and his eyes landed on me. I was scared but I also couldn’t control my laugh.

He threatened me with eyes to tell my father and my laugh stopped. My pride didn’t allow me to plead him so I went into the kitchen and waited for the bomb to blast.

“Uncle main chalta hoon. I shall go.”

“Arre beta, thodi der to aur ruko. Sit a little while longer.”

“Nahi uncle phir kabhi bethenge insha allah bohot der ho gayi hai. No uncle we'll sit another time insha allah. It's late.”

As soon as he walked out and closed the door behind him he ran here and there with his tongue out. “Shhshhh” I tried to calm him down and instantly bring him the water of bottle. He drank it and calm himself down.

“Chai bohot acchi thi. Tea was awesome.”  His breaths were uneven.