Ch-45 A Girl knows the secrets

"Mujhe nahi pata tumne us haramkhor ko thappad kyu maara, but I am glad you did.
I don't know why you slapped that bastard, but I am glad that you did." He said, amused.

I stiffened at his words but didn't lose my neutral. "Jo usne kaha...kya wo sach tha?
What he said...was true?"

His grip on the steering wheel tightened. "No." He said, simply.

My head turned to give him a long look but he didn't meet my eyes.

I don't know who to believe. Haidar was not seemed to lie about it but what if he lied, he is changed now but why would Shehriyar do that? Ya Allah, please help me. I took a deep breath. I need to trust my husband.

"Wo Abba ke baare mein bakwaas kar raha tha isliye usey maine gussey mein thappad maar diya.
He was spitting nonsense about dad that's why I slapped him."

He nodded once and remained silent for a minute or two, the silence was growing awkward every moment. "Dekha...kaisa insan hai wo, mare huwo ko bhi nahi chor raha.
See..what type of person he is. Didn't even spare a dead person."

"Wo gussa tha.
He was angry."

A muscle in his jaw clenched. "Tum uski side le rahi ho.
You're taking his side."

"Main uski side nahi le rahi main bas usko janti hoon.
I am not taking his side. I just know him."

Clenched jaw, he gave me a hard look.

"Main usey tumhare kareeb baradasht nahi karunga. Aage se dhyan rakhna.
I won't tolerate him near you. Be careful next time."

My heart was hammering against my chest and my throat dried. Why did my life become so complicated? first Haidar's hateful words and now this.

I was so scared for our relationship that I didn't dare to ask him further questions.

We reached home and immediately get ourselves freshen up. We have not talked for the rest for the ride. As I got out of the bathroom. He was already half asleep. I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Agar maine aap se pyar nahi kiya to aap mujhe chor denge naa?
If I won't love you will leave me naa?"

In an instant, he turned around to give me a startled look. "What?" His eyes were drowsy. "Main kyu tumhe chorunga?
Why would I leave you?"

"Maine aapke phone me Arisha ke messages dekhe.
I saw Arisha's messages on your phone."

His eyes widened and in an instant, he was up on the bed. "Kab?
When?"

"Aap ne mujhse shadi kyu ki phir, Jab aap ke paas wo thi pehle se. Taaki aap jo chahein wo kar sakein aur main kuch nahi bolungi aap ko kyunki aap mujhe pathetic samajhte hain.
Why did you marry me then, When you had her. So you can do whatever you want and I would not say a word because I am pathetic right? Right." I answered on behalf of him.

"Sabko ye kyu lagta hai maine tumse isliye shadi ki hai?
Why everyone thinks that I married you because of that?" He asked himself under his breath.

"Sabko lagta hai to yahi sach hoga na wese ye sab mein kon hai?
If everyone thinks then it must be the truth. Who else thinks that?" He doesn't answered, he looked away from me. "If everyone thinks that then it must be the truth."

Jerking the duvet away, he stood up from the bed. His diamond-shaped jaw clenched.

"Mujhe tumhe explanations dene ki zarurat nahi hai Hooriya. Main jo chahe karu. Mujhe tumse shadi karni thi to maine kar li. Permissibly or forcibly."
I don't have to give you explanations, Hooriya. I can do whatever I want. I wanted to marry you. I did. Permissibly or forcibly."
He spitted then leaves the room.