Ch-33 Shehriyar Hadi's POV

Shehriyar Hadi

It's time.

The watchmen open the door for me and I drove into the big main iron gate of my parent's house. I parked at the front of the house instead of the driveway because I will only stay here for a few minutes.

I shook off my nervousness and let out a deep breath. Come on Sherry you are not some teenage boy who's scared of their parents.

"Ohohohoho....dekho Alina, Shehriyar Hadi, the great, khud personally padhaare hain apne maa-baap se milne. What a pleasant surprise Mr. Shehriyar Hadi saahab.
Ohohohoho...look Alina, Shehriyar Hadi, the great, himself, personally came to meet his parents. What a pleasant surprise mr. Shehriyar Hadi." My father taunted.

"Aap bhi to kasht utha sakte the mujhse milne aane ka.
You could have bothered to come to meet me."

"Sherry, come sit with us. Lunch karoge?
Would you have lunch?" Mother asked, ignoring my taunt.

"No thanks. I had."

"Good. Waise bhi chef chutti par hai.
The chef is off anyways."

I rolled my eyes. Dad returned back his attention to his phone and mom on some shitty fashion magazine. I was started being annoyed. Their son have came to meet them after such a long period and they're doing these shitty things.

My jaw clenched. I gazed at my father then at my mother, "Mom- dad..." Their eyebrows quirked up, their attention instantly was on me, of course, I called them 'that' after so much time. They knew something was wrong. In my teenage days, I called them mom and dad when I made troubles.

"Kya hua?
What's wrong?" My mother asked.

"Mujhe baat karni hai aap dono se.
I want to talk to you." My father put down his phone and sat beside my mother, and my mother closed the magazine and threw it on the table.

I swallowed, I hate that I was nervous. I know already what their answer would be. "Main shadi kar raha hoon.
I marrying."

They looked at each other than at me. "Ah finally..." My mother rolled her eyes.

"Kisse? To Whom?"

"Hooriya. Naam hai uska.
Hooriya. Is her name."

"Uske father kya kartein hain?
What does her father do?"

"Hamari tarha buissness man hain.
He is a business man like us."

"Are they rich?" My mother asked direct, not wasting any time.

"Ussey kya lena dena?
How does it matter?"

"Shehriyar Tumhe hamara status pata hai naa?
Shehriyar you know your status naa?"

"Aur tumhe pata hai naa hum apne status se kam logon mein tumhari kabhi shadi nahi karenge.
And you do know that we won't let you marry in a low status family?"

"Main yahan aap logon ki ijazaton ke liye nahi aaya hoon.
I am not here for your permissions."

"To phir kyu aaye ho?
Then why are you here?" My father asked in a curt tone.

I remained silent for a moment, thinking how to potray my words. "Main bas chahta hoon ke ap log mere sath chalein uska haath mangne. Uske father mujhe ussey shadi nahi karne denge jab tak aap se nahi milenge warna main aap ko kabhi bother nahi karta.
I just want you two to come with me to ask her hand. Her father won't let me marry without meeting you or else I wouldn't bother you."

"Wo kya karti hai?
What does she do?" Mom asked with a clenched jaw.

Even though I don't want their approval still a little part of me want to tell them about her. "She's an interior designer."