Ch-48 Shehriyar Hadi's POV

SHEHRIYAR HADI

I knocked on the door then waited for him to open. I nodded at the boy who bought me here and he walked away.

A skinny boy, same-aged as Haidar popped his head out of the door from his hostel room. His doe-like big eyes watching me head to toe. His t-shirt and Capri were too big for his own self. "Haidar Bey?" I asked and he shut the door on my face. One of my brows quirked up.

Well...

Two-three minutes has been passed, I heard hushed sounds and shuffling. Finally, Haidar opened the door and his skinny friend was beside him. He was wearing a white vest and orange boxers. His beard was grown from the usual and he looked more sophisticated.

His brows knit together to see me. "Kaise ho, Haidar?
How are you, Haidar?"

He stared at me, astonished. "Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?
What are you doing here?"

"Main tumse baat kar sakta hoon?
Can I talk to you?" My gaze shifted from Haidar to his friend. "Akele me.
Alone?"

The four lines on his forehead deepened. He stepped out of his hostel room and closed the door behind him, he walked me at the hostel park.

"So..." Haidar trailed, after a long, long silence. We were sitting on a bench and I was trying to gather some courage.

"Sorry!" I apologized, looking away.

"Huh?"

"I said, I am sorry." I repeated, annoyed.

He was confused, he didn't expect it. Neither I or anyone who knows me closely would believe.

There was silence. He was trying to conclude the inner motive behind my apology.
"Hooriya ne bheja hai tumhe mere paas maafi mangne ke liye?
Has Hooriya asked you to apologize to me?"

I gritted my teeths, of course, Hooriya's name should be forbidden on his tounge.

"Not at all."

He nodded slowly "Maafi kis liye maang rahe ho mujhe gundo se pitwane ke liye ya meri engagement tutwane ke liye?
What are you sorry about for beating me up by the goons or breaking my engagement?"

"Haidar, I am not sorry for marrying Hooriya. Mujhe pata hai mere tarike sahi nahi the lekin...
I know, my ways were wrong but...." I left a long sigh and stood up from the bench. "You are a good person Haidar. I am sorry that you have to go through this. Jo bhi hua uske baad mujhe laga tha ke tum Hooriya aur mere beech interfare karne ki koshish karoge lekin tumne nahin kiya.
After what happened, I thought You would try to ruin our marriage but you didn't."

He stood up from his seat too, his jaw clenched. "Jo jaisa hota hai dusron ko bhi waisa hi samjhta hai.
One who thinks evil, thinks others do evil as well."

"You are right. Is Duniya mein survive karne ke liye is duniya ki barabari karni padti hai. Anyways, I've got to go. Tumhe dekh kar acha laga. Agar life mein kabhi bhi kisi bhi cheez ki zarurat ho to please don't hesitate to call me.
To survive in this evil world one has to be equally evil. Anyways, I've got to go. Nice to see you. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to call me." I said and walked away.

"Khud ko bura bhi keh raho ho aur prayshchit bhi kar rahe ho.
Calling himself evil, and paying penance as well." I stopped on my tracks. I turned to see him, he was smiling at me like he knows everything and I am totally oblivious.

"Pata hai Hooriya aur main ek dusre ke liye perfect the. Hum best the ek dusre ke liye. Ye main nahi keh raha sab kehte the. Hum jaante the ek dusre ko, hum best friends the, ek dusre ko bohot ache se samajhte the lekin...
Do you know, Hooriya and I were perfect together. We were best for each other. Not only I am saying this but everyone said as well. We knew each other, we were best friends, we had great compatibility, but-" He left a sigh. "I accepted ke kuch cheezein hamare naseeb mein nahi hoti.
I accepted that some things just not in our destiny."