Chapter Two

{Jayden's POV}

I woke up to quiet mumbling. Where was I? Who was the random stranger? The boy got off the phone once he saw that I was awake.

"Hi. I'm Matt Espinosa." He spoke softly as if he was afraid that I might shatter if he spoke too loud. "I found you on the streets. You were crying. And- and bleeding, I just- I didn't know what to do. So I brought you back to my hotel room." He continued.

Now that I finally got a good look at this boy, I realized that he was absolutely gorgeous. Matt. Matt Espinosa. I smiled shyly to myself. It soon faded as I recalled the events from earlier. I was homeless now. My family hated me. I hate no one. I had nothing anymore.

I couldn't help the tears that escaped my eyes and soon turned into hysterical sobs. "Hey hey hey. It's okay. Please don't cry. Please don't cry. I'm here. It'll be okay." Matt comforted, wrapping his arms around me in a warm embrace.

"No! It's not okay. Nothing is okay. My family hates me. I have nothing anymore. I have no one..." I sobbed.

"That's not true. You have me. Tell me what happened."

I explained everything in as much detail as I could. Matt sat there with a solemn expression soaking up every detail and listening to every word I spoke. When I was finished there was silence. Matt had tears coming out of his eyes. He rolled up the sleeves on my hoodie and examined the scars. New and old. We sat there like that in silence. Not the awkward kind, the comforting kind.

"Please don't do this. There's always a better tomorrow. I know it's hard. But you'll get through it. You need to stay strong Jay. I'll help you recover. I promise." Matt whispered, his voice thick with tears.

I didn't care that I just met him. I trusted him. And I... I think I'm falling in love with Matt Espinosa.

I heard Matt rummaging through some cabinets in the bathroom and saw him walking towards me with a first aid kit. 

"This is going to sting a little" he warned.

I nodded to signal that it was okay and Matt cleaned the cuts on my wrist with rubbing alcohol. I winced slightly in pain. When he was done he bandaged up my wrist. He handed me one of his hoodies and some sweatpants.

"These will be big on you but your stuff is covered in blood and I don't really have anything that would fit..." Matt trailed off awkwardly while scratching the back of his head.

He was so thoughtful and caring. It made me smile. I slipped into the bathroom and quickly changed and splashed my face with water. When I came out, Matt was laying on the bed browsing  through channels on the TV. He made room for me and motioned for me to lay with him. I got into bed with him and snuggled against his chest. He kissed me softly on the forehead and whispered, "it's okay. You're safe now. I won't let anyone hurt you again."

We were watching The Heat and I was laughing so hard that I was actually tearing up.  All of a sudden nine boys busted into the room all yelling and laughing. Each one awkwardly stopping as they saw me and Matt cuddled with each other on the bed. I blushed a bright red and ducked my head. Matt quickly explained who I was and that I would be staying with them.  They each introduced themselves with some form of greeting.

"Well, I guess welcome to the Magcon family." said Hayes.

Family. Yeah, I liked the sound of that.