Chapter Eleven

{Jay's POV}

Matt left saying that he had things to do. So I was pretty much alone. He probably just left to cheat on me again. I don't know why I didn't just talk to him about it. I think I'm just afraid of the truth. I nervously tugged on the sleeves of my hoodie. Damn it. Why does it have to be so hot in Florida? My own stupid mistake. I didn't realize how far up I'd been cutting. Just a few more weeks before they'll fade to scars. I sighed.

"Hey you. Stop being so mopey. What's wrong?" Hayes asked with a pout.

Wow. It's been a while since Hayes and I have talked. I felt like a bad best friend. I forced a smile on my face.

"Don't. I know you're faking it Jay. Damn it. I thought we were supposed to be best friends?"

"Hayes, don't talk that way. We are!"

"Then why won't you let me help you? I just want to help you.." He mumbled looking down.

That made me feel even worse. I didn't mean to shut him out. And I thought I was doing a good job of pretending. I stepped towards him and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know you felt that way. You just, you have to trust me when I say there's just some shit that I have to handle on my own right now. Okay? I love you."

Hayes frowned, unhappy with what I said but began to slowly nod. "Okay. Fine. Love you too."

"Um. Am I interrupting something? I can leave or..?"

Wait. What? I turned around to face Claire. My best friend since we were both 10. Now we're 17.

"Is this what you were hiding from me Matt?" I turned to face a smiling Matt.

"Yep. I thought you would want to see her again."

Oh. So I relapsed for no reason. He wasn't cheating on me. Wow. I'm such a fucking retard. I felt tears well up in my eyes and I ran out of the room.

"Jay wait!" I heard Matt and Hayes call as they ran after me. I continued to run and locked the door when I got to Hayes' and Carter's room. I heard them pound on the door.

"Jay! Please let us in, we just want to talk to you!"

I sat on the bed and continued to cry. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

I guess I dozed off or something. When I woke up, I checked my phone and almost two hours had gone by. I groaned and got up. I guess I should apologize now. Especially Claire. I just ran out on her. I opened the door and stepped out.

"Jay!" Matt called out. Wow. I guess he had been waiting for me to come out. Now I felt even worse. He looked like he had been crying to.

"I'm sorry." I wrapped my arms around him and he captured my lips with his.

"It's okay. Don't worry. Just, what happened back there? Why did you run away from us Jay?" Matt asked with a crease on his forehead.

"It was just overwhelming. I didn't know. And it reminded me of my parents." I smoothly lied. "But I'm okay now." I quickly added.

He gradually started to nod. Wow. He believed me that easily? I felt a pang of guilt for lying to him but it was better than him knowing the truth.

Matt grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine. We started walking back to the room that Claire would be staying in.

She still looked the same. Long, wavy dirty blonde that got lighter lower down. Blue eyes, and freckles. Still pale as hell. Claire smiled at me and walked over to give me a hug.

"Hi. Oh my god I missed you so much!" She exclaimed.

That was weird. Her personality isn't normally this bubbly. Maybe she's just excited? I brushed it off quickly. "I missed you too." I smiled warmly.

(AN// ik this is really short and bad and i'm sorry. i guess this is a filler. and i started school and it sucks. i have literally no time but i'll try my hardest to update as much as possible. ily guys for almost 400 reads. -lizzz)