Chapter Six

{Hayes' POV}

I ran up to Jay and cradled her in my arms. She didn't deserve any of this bullshit. What the fuck was Matt's problem? Jay is the sweetest, most caring, and beautiful girl I have ever met in my life. She sobbed into my shoulder. Wow. She really liked him. Matt didn't deserve her.

"Shh shh. Don't cry. It's alright baby. Don't cry. It's gonna be okay." I comforted rubbing circles on her back.

We sat that way for half an hour. Jay began to calm down and took deep, shaky breaths. It broke my heart to see her this way. I took her hand and helped her up.

"Let's get you cleaned up." I whispered.

Jay nodded silently and we walked over to the bathroom. I lifted her onto the sink and wet a towel. I wiped away her runny make up and gave her one of my shirts. The one she was wearing was tear stained and had spots of her runny make up all over it. I looked down at her and smiled then walked out of the bathroom to let her get changed. I was scrolling through my Twitter when Jay walked out of the bathroom. Her eyes were still glossy and she gave me a small, shaky smile.

"You're staying here tonight. Okay? I'll sleep on the couch. But you're staying here." I finalized.

I don't want her anywhere near Matt. Especially with what happened today.

{Jay's POV}

I thought Matt actually liked me. He did kiss me. Was he just leading me on? Fuck. I'm such an idiot. I mean, just look at his girlfriend. Of course he didn't want me. She was perfect. I could never even compare to her. Sara was a lucky girl. Why couldn't I be skinny enough? Pretty enough? Why couldn't I ever just be enough? I'm such a fuck up. I got kicked out of my house. I screwed things up with probably the only person willing to take me in. By now, I was in tears.

Hayes had left an hour ago to go hang with the guys. I didn't want to come though so I stayed alone despite Hayes' protests. I should've just gone with him. Staying alone always resulted into something bad. I over think things. And I panic. Like how I am now. I was shaking and crying. I felt sick and dizzy. It wouldn't stop. This is your fault. You deserve it. The voices in my head whispered. I couldn't take it anymore. I rummaged through my bags until I had found what I was looking for. I don't know why I brought a blade with me. It would only tempt me. But I couldn't help it. I pulled off my bracelets and dragged the blade against my wrist. Over and over until I had had enough. Until the physical pain had overcome the emotional pain.

I swore right then and there that I would become good enough for everyone, including myself. I would be skinny enough and pretty enough.

{Matt's POV}

I ran a hand through my hair as I paced back and forth. What do I do? I really like Sara and she's my girlfriend. But.. there's just something about Jay. Something that made her so special. Was I getting feelings for her? I felt like such an ass. This is my fault. But who do I choose?