PROLOGUE

Hi there! Thank you for clicking on this story. I hope you enjoy it. Please do follow @/pinkfruityfabgirl on Instagram. You can DM me there! Also, before you start reading, please keep in mind that a 15 year old started writing this. So please excuse any mistakes, negligence or cringe. Thank you.

Also, A Blaze In My Heart is the third book in this series, but can be read as a standalone. So if you want to read it on its own, I would highly recommend. It's a CEO, slow burn, hate-to-love romance. (Bonus point: my writing in it has improved)

VERY IMPORTANT: you guys can head straight for A Blaze In My Heart for better writing and less cringe. It's my favourite book of all, so please do check it out.

(343 words)

"Hey, babe. You look so hot today."

"Who are you dressing up for? I won't be there. Who the hell are you trying to impress?!"

"Ana, I love you."

"I will never leave you."

"I care about you."

"You WILL do EXACTLY as I TELL you to. Do you fucking understand me?"

"I'm your boyfriend. You will be my wife one day. It is your DUTY to obey my every command."

"Don't do that, Ana."

"Don't go there."

"I'll fucking do whatever I want to do with you. So shut up the hell up."

"YOU have no right to utter a single word."

"I forbid you from being friends with people I don't allow you to be friends with, Anastasia. And if you don't do as I say, you will see the consequences."

"Just once, please. It won't hurt, I promise."

"Aaron, I can't. I'm not ready for it yet."

"You're going to refuse me?"

"Aaron, I'm not comfortable. Please."

"Come here."

"Aaron stop....Aaron no. I can't do this! Stop it please!

No!"

I bolted straight up in bed, panting. There was cold sweat on my forehead, my heart palpitating at a dangerously abnormal pace. My eyes frantically looked around, searching for a glimpse of relief to confirm that I was there alone, safe, and that he wasn't there.

The discovery of being in the safety of my own bedroom brought me some relief, allowing my breathing to trek toward the normal range along with my heartbeat.

Pouring some water into a glass from the jug on my nightstand, I checked the time on my iPhone 7. It was 2:00 am. I sighed heavily and laid down again but was afraid to go back to sleep. I knew that no matter what, I would recall his words and his actions in the form of nightmares and that was something that I dreaded completely.

When would the day come when I would be entirely free from his haunting thoughts, his abusive words and the fear he had ingrained in me?