26. "I didn't ask you to strip, Ethan."

(1275 words)

"So kind of you to make time for us, Ana." Elsa remarked as us friends walked around the mall, mainly window shopping.

"Oh please Elsa, we spend time together every day in college." I said as we stopped at a store, looking around at the shoes and handbags.

"Has your husband-to-be financed you?" Iris asked.

"Yeah, he has. He forcefully gave me his credit card and said I could buy anything, even a plane. He's crazy." I replied. Believe me, he actually said that.

"Whoa. Why aren't you buying anything then?" Annie asked.

"And make it seem like I'm marrying him for his money?"

Alyssa rolled her eyes at me. "Ana, he knows very well that you're not a gold digger."

"I'd like to act like I'm not one also."

"Guys, arguing about this with Ana right now is pointless." Annie stated the fact.

———

My phone buzzed indicating I had a new notification.

1 new message from Ethan.

Ethan: there's this formal dinner at one of my parents' friends' place tomorrow. Go with me?

I smiled reading his text.

Me: I'll have to think about it.

I was obviously teasing him.

Ethan: oh no, you won't. You know what? I'll just re-phrase what I said. You're going with me. So, this time I'm telling you, not asking.

Me: how bossy.

Ethan: it comes naturally to me. ;)

I laughed aloud at his text.

Me: aren't you a little too arrogant about your success and the fact that you're the boss?

Ethan: maybe.

I chuckled. I loved talking to him.

Me: so what time are you picking me up tomorrow?

Ethan: 8:00 pm, sound okay?

Me: yeah sure. But for now, I really need to study for my upcoming exams.

Ethan: I can help you. How about I pick you up and I'll help you study at our place?

Me: no way, Ethan. You're a huge distraction for me.

It was hard for me to even properly breathe around him.

Ethan: I know I'm that hot ;) but seriously, I'm also really intelligent. Let me help you.

Me: fine, Mr. Smarty Pants. Come pick me up.

Ethan: I'll be there in fifteen minutes, your highness.

I rose from my bed to fix my appearance. I pulled out a casual but decent top with a pair of black leggings. Slipped into a pair of comfortable sandals before spritzing some perfume on myself.

Ethan arrived exactly fifteen minutes later and drove us to his— our place.

———

"So, that's the reason they perform this function...." Ethan continued on and on, carefully explaining everything to me in an interesting manner. I could feel the knowledge seeping into my brain as I was able to understand each and everything. He was way better than my teachers.