6. "Not without a kiss."

(1083 words)

There are times in our lives when we are frozen. When we don't know what to do. When it becomes hard to think or breathe or to escape even. When our heart threatens to stop at any moment. I was in one of those moments.

I was trapped between THE Ethan Woods' arms as he gazed intently at me. I can not describe how vulnerable, scared and nervous I felt at that moment. We were so close. I could feel his minty breath fanning my lips. "Hello, Anastasia." He spoke huskily. Oh God, he knows my name.

I swallowed. What do I say? He smiled a soft, small smile and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. My heart started beating even faster than before, if that was even possible and my knees felt weak. His finger traced my cheek and then my lips, causing me to subconsciously part them. Oh Lord, is he trying to give me a heart attack? As his finger traced my lips gently, my breath got caught in my lungs and my heart stood still. "You're so beautiful." His voice was almost a whisper. My heart started hammering in my chest again.

"Aren't you gonna say something, Anastasia? I don't bite," He said before continuing, "at least not hard." And then he winked at me and that was it, my knees lost their strength and I almost collapsed to the floor, but instinctively my arms wrapped around his neck. He watched me with a slight amused expression on his beautiful face. Oh Ana, what are you doing?! You're freaking holding onto Ethan Woods.

"I—we...should go." I stuttered nervously and tried to remove my arms from around his neck, but he stopped me doing so.

"Not without a kiss." He said and my heart stopped. He isn't serious, is he? "I'm serious." He said as if he had read my thoughts. I blinked up at him.

"We...we should..really go." I stuttered again, feeling breathless. He cupped my face with both his hands and I stopped breathing. "You're either giving me a kiss on the cheek or we're not budging from here." He whispered sexily. I stared at his gorgeous face. Why wouldn't I want to kiss that beautiful cheek? I would love to kiss him everywhere. I just wished I had the courage and confidence to do so.

"The results have been compiled. I would like to invite Mr. Ethan Woods to come on stage and announce the names of the winners." I heard the announcement and my eyes widened.

"You need to go." I said to him urgently.

"I told you. We're not budging until—" I placed a soft kiss on his left cheek, cutting him off. I felt him going stiff and for some reason I found the courage to run my hands down his arms sensually before wrapping them around his neck again. I felt his breathing hitch. "Can we budge now?" I whispered innocently, looking him in the eyes. He didn't reply, but stepped back, causing my hands to drop from around his neck. All the warmth around me instantly vanished.

"I would like you to meet me outside the college once this function ends." He said and turned to go to the auditorium. I let out a huge breath and waited a few minutes before walking to the auditorium as well.

———

"Are you serious?!" Elsa gushed when I told her what happened. I knew I would have to tell Ariana about this too, so I had already texted her and put my phone on silent afterwards because I knew she would lose her chill after reading that.

"Yes." I said shyly, keeping my gaze down. We had found a seat in the front row and I was trying really hard not to look at Ethan who was announcing the results. The winners even got to take pictures with him. How lucky they are.

"You do realise, Ana, he hasn't stopped looking at you." Elsa brought to my attention. I bit my lip and raised my head to look at Ethan who was indeed looking at me. His gaze seemed to drop to my lips. It made me release the lip I was biting and look down shyly again.

"You really kissed his cheek?" Elsa asked. I was surprised she wasn't bring her usual loud self right now. I nodded my head, a blush creeping to my cheeks.

"OMG! What was his cheek like?" She asked, energy and enthusiasm suddenly consuming her.

"Really soft and...warm." I replied and my cheeks seemed to be getting hotter.

"You look like a tomato right now." Elsa stated the obvious, making me cover my face.

"Take your hands off. Ethan doesn't seem happy about not being able to see your pretty face."

I removed my hands. "He's so gorgeous. How can he like me? I'm just an average girl." Elsa rolled her eyes at me.

"You are a beautiful girl, Ana, inside and out." She said. Her words brought a small smile on my face. I looked at the stage and couldn't see Ethan. Apparently the function had ended. Huh, so fast? "Damn! I have to catch the bus. Good luck, Ana. Take care!" Elsa exclaimed and took off with the speed of a bullet train.

I would like you to meet me outside the college once this function ends.

My heart started hammering in my chest, remembering his words. Will he actually be waiting for me there? What if he's gone? I started walking towards the exit. I stepped out into the parking lot, cautiously. I looked around. There were many cars parked there and a few people could be seen around. But there was no sign of Ethan. He's probably gone. Dejected, I walked to my car and was about to sit in when...

"Going already, Anastasia?" A familiar sexy voice spoke from behind me. I turned around slowly and my eyes met those beautiful familiar dark brown eyes.

"Ethan." I said breathlessly.

————————————————————————

Hi guys! My name is Hamna❤️. I hope you're liking this story. I'm trying my best to make it interesting and worth-reading.

Please do vote and comment to let me know what you think.

Did you like the intimate Ethan and Ana scene? What are your thoughts on both of them? What do you think of Ana's ex-boyfriend? Let me know!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs and lots of love,
Hamna❤️