35. "Someone's hard."

(2007 words)

I was drowning myself in my own tears as I sank lower and lower onto the floor of our bedroom. Why was this happening to me? Of all the things, why did this humiliating thing have to happen to me? What will my parents and friends think of me now? What will my in-laws think? I'll be degraded in everyone's eyes. I'll lose my value, my worth.

You're worthless, Ana. And stupid. That's what happens when you let a fuckboy manipulate you.

The door to our bedroom suddenly flew open and Ethan stormed inside, his expression stone cold. When he saw me lying on the floor. His eyes softened and I felt a small amount of warmth spread through me.

"Anastasia, what are you doing?" He said softly, bending down and picking me up bridal style.

"I'm so sorry, Ethan." I croaked out.

"Why are you saying that, love? It's not like you cheated on me. What's past is past. I won't get angry at you for something so worthless. I love you too much." This man was an angel.

"What will people think of me now?" I sniffled.

"No one will think anything. Because I'm the only one that has seen the photo."

"What do you mean? How can that be possible?"

"I personally removed it from the web."

"How?" I was bewildered.

"Sweetheart, your husband is the CEO of a telecommunications company. There's a lot of things I can do. Oh and I'm pretty sure this Aaron is in jail right now."

My mouth hung open as I tried to process this information. "Aaron... in jail?"

"Yes, I tracked him down."

"Oh babe I love you so much!" I exclaimed, hugging him tightly while still being in his arms.

He kissed my cheek. "I love you so much too, Anastasia. Now wipe these tears. Silly girl, who cries over such a thing, huh?"

"I thought I was going to lose you forever." I said as he sat me on the bed. He kneeled down in front of me, holding my hands. "Anastasia, I ain't going anywhere. I'll always be with you through thick and thin. And I'll prove it."

"And I promise to always support you even in your darkest times." I said.

"I know." He said, kissing my hands.

———

*A FEW DAYS LATER*

"Hey handsome." I said to Ethan the moment he entered home.

He gave me a big smile. "Hey, beautiful." He said, striding up to me and capturing my lips in a passionate kiss.

"How's my wife?" He asked once we broke the kiss.

"I'm good. How was your day?" I asked him.

"Stressful like always." He replied.

"I have a surprise for you." I told him.

"Really? What is it?"

"Come with me." I said to him, taking his hand and leading him to the kitchen.

"Wow, that looks really yummy." Ethan said when he saw the food laid out on the kitchen table. Chicken corn soup, Chinese fried rice and Kung Pao chicken.

"I made it!" I chirped excitedly.

"Really?" He asked, surprised.

"Yup!"