13. "As you say, your highness."

(1494 words)

"I hope you won't ask me to sleep on the floor or something." Ethan said once we arrived in my bedroom.

"You can sleep on the bed with me as long as you promise to stay in your limits." I warned. He uttered a deep, low chuckle. Gosh, that sounded so good.

"I'm twenty years old, quite mature. I know my limits." He spoke.

"Good." I said and gestured him to lie on the bed.

"After you, my lady." He spoke with a little humour in his voice. Shyly, I laid on my bed and gave my back to him. Who would've thought I would be sharing my bed with Ethan Woods? I felt him crawl into the covers beside me and then his warm arm pulled me to his chest. "Some innocent cuddling isn't crossing limits, is it?" He whispered sexily into my ear, making me shiver. I felt too warm, good, safe and comfortable to protest. I didn't reply and closed my eyes. He seemed to get the idea that I was okay with that because I felt him relax. His hand was lying on my tummy. I blushed deep red, feeling grateful that he couldn't see my face. It wasn't long before I fell into comfortable and peaceful slumber.

I woke up due to the sun rays coming in through the window. I tried opening my eyes and managed to see a blurred face. I blinked my eyes and was finally able to see the lovely image in front of me. Ethan's beautiful face was looking down at me. "Good morning, beautiful." He said, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"Good morning." I whispered groggily and gave him a smile.

"I could get used to waking up like this everyday." He spoke in his beautiful voice.

"Don't you have to go to work?" I asked him, sitting up.

"I do but I would rather stare at you all day long." He said, a gorgeous smile on his face.

"Right. That's enough cheesiness. You better leave now. My parents will be back soon." I said, pushing myself out of bed.

"How rude. You're kicking me out now." He said, faking hurt. I gave him a 'really?' look and folded my arms across my chest.

"Fine, your highness. I'm leaving." He said, putting his hands up as if he were surrendering.

"Bye then." I said. I know, that wasn't very nice of me. I wanted him to stay actually...

"I'm not going without a kiss." He said, stalking towards me.

"Oh that again?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yes." He whispered when his face was just mere inches away from mine. Keep calm, Ana, keep calm. His closeness was making it hard for me to breathe and making me really nervous. "Anastasia?" He whispered, obviously anticipating his kiss. I leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. A big smile broke across his face. "I'm a happy man now." He said, his eyes sparkling with love and genuineness.

"Go now." I whispered but in reality, I never wanted him to leave. I was falling so damn hard for him.

"As you say, your highness." He said, stepping back and bowing before me, making me laugh.

"Take care of yourself, Anastasia. Be very careful. Text me or call me if you need anything." He said as he walked towards the door.

"Alright." I replied.

"And Anastasia?" He made my name sound so beautiful.

"Yes, Ethan?" I asked him with raised eyebrows.

"I love you." He said, making my heart flutter and butterflies erupt in my stomach. I wanted to say I love you back but it seemed so difficult to get those words out of my mouth. He looked as if he was anticipating to hear me say those words. When I didn't, he managed to force a smile. "I'll see you later, Anastasia." He said and opened the door. I walked behind him to the main door. Before exiting, he turned to me and I waited, expecting him to say something. But he did the unexpected.

He leaned forward and placed a soft, sweet, gentle kiss on my forehead that made my heart beat fast, butterflies erupt in my stomach and warmth spread throughout me. "Take very good care of yourself, Anastasia." He said and then turned to walk to his car. I watched as he gracefully sat in the driver seat of his black Audi and looked at me smiling, then waved. I waved back, smiling as well. And then he drove away, making my happiness drift away. I wanted him back with me. I was definitely in love.

———

My parents returned an hour later and immediately retired to their room because they were exhausted. I decided to go for drive on my own. As I drove, I let my thoughts run loose. I thought about Aaron. That bastard. He had the guts to freaking break into my room uninvited and take a picture of me. I broke up with him and instead of leaving me the heck alone, he decides to stalk me because well, he's Aaron. A manipulative, evil-minded, retarded jerk. But then Ethan crossed my mind, causing a grin to erupt on my face.

He was the epitome of kindness, generosity, sweetness, beauty and perfection. It was hard to get me to open up to someone or to be frank so easily with someone. But I was very comfortable with him even in this short span of time. That guy was beguiling me.

I stopped at a bookshop and got out of my car. I didn't really want to buy anything in particular but I thought I'd check if any book would catch my eye as I was fond of reading. I stepped inside the bookshop and the lovely smell of books hit me. It felt warm and comfy inside. With a small smile on my face, I walked through the aisles slowly, taking my time to look at everything carefully. A book caught my attention and I picked it up and started flipping its pages.

"Oh! Ana, it's you." A familiar voice spoke from behind me.

Damn it.

After such a long time, why do I have to be encountering these people? Especially when Ethan has come into my life? What do these people even want from me now? They all just seem sinister to me now.

My gaze met with Hailey's. She was none other than Aaron's sister. She resembled Aaron slightly but not too much. Unlike Aaron, she had a fair complexion and a bright face. She was a lively person and even though she pretended to, I always knew she didn't like me. She had made my life miserable back when I was 14 and pretended to be innocent. I still liked her nevertheless and was always good to her because she was Aaron's sister and I had thought she would eventually become my sister-in-law. Ew ew ew.

I put on a hard face and tried to go around her but she was quick to stop my way. "Ana, please don't go. Let's talk." She said in her fake sweet voice.

"I have nothing to talk about with you, Hailey." I said coldly.

"Ana, I understand you don't like my brother and that you're mad at all of us. But please, let's just talk. We don't have to talk about Aaron if you don't want to. We can clear the misunderstandings between us though. Please." She pleaded.

"No, Hailey." I spoke harshly.

"Ana, please." Her voice broke.

"Why do you even want to talk to me?"

"Because I feel sorry for all that you've had to go through. I understand that my brother gave you a hard time. He does love you though." I let out a humourless laugh.

"Right."

"Please Ana, don't behave like this. I want all to be good between us. I have no ill will. I don't want my brother to be the bone of contention between us."

I don't know what took over me but I eventually gave in and agreed. How naive of me. That was another huge mistake that I made.

———

One margarita later....

"I should go now." I said to Hailey, standing up. We were in her house's kitchen. Thankfully, Aaron wasn't there.

"No please, stay a little longer." She pleaded.

I shook my head. "I really have to go." I said and proceeded to walk out of her kitchen.

"Oh you are not going anywhere, Anastasia." Her voice behind me sounded distant but sinister. Suddenly, everything around me seemed blurry. My body felt strange. My head felt like it was spinning around and I fell to the carpeted floor.

Through my blurry eyes, I saw two figures one of whom was definitely Hailey. I could hear her laugh but it sounded very distant. I tried to say something but failed and then everything around me went black.