36. You're Lying

(886 words)

"I'm sorry, you're late because of me." I said to Ethan as he hurriedly cuffed his shirt's sleeves.

"Sweetheart, are you seriously apologising for giving me a mind-blowing orgasm?" He said, rushing to get his laptop. I blushed at his reply. "When will you come back home?" I changed the subject.

"Around 8 pm hopefully." He answered.

"Alright. Have a good day, babe." I said to him, pecking his lips. I was pulling away when he grabbed my face and locked lips with me, kissing me lovingly.

"You too, sweetheart. Take care of yourself." He said, giving me a final kiss on the forehead and leaving the room.

I plopped onto the bed once he left and blushed as I remember our morning bathtub sex. How amazing Ethan's manhood felt inside of me. How satisfying it felt to hear him moan. The way he licked and kissed my body.... My erotic thoughts were interrupted my my phone ringing. My eyes lit up when I saw Ariana calling.

"Hey, cousin. Long time, no see." I greeted her cheerfully.

"Yeah, you're so busy in your married life!" She accused playfully.

"That's not true. I have time for you." I coaxed.

"Sure, sure. How's everything though? Don't tell me you're still a virgin." She said and I blushed.

"You're so intrusive, Ari." I scolded.

"Tell me! Have you guys had sex yet or not? I need the details, dude!"

"Yes, we had sex for the first time last night." I confessed.

"OH MY GOD." She shrieked. Ariana and Elsa were the loudest people I knew.

"What was it like?! Did it hurt?!" She demanded.

"It was... great. And it hurt a little in the beginning but then it was all pleasure." I replied dreamily as I recalled last night's events.

"OMG. Was he gentle?!"

"Yes, Ethan was very gentle and caring."

"Awww." She cooed.

"So tell me about Zayn." I turned the tables on her.

"We talk occasionally." She replied.

"Come on, you guys should talk more. You both totally have the hots for each other." I said.

"Yeah... I don't know."

"I'll speak to Ethan about this. Ask him if Zayn has talked to him about you."

"Alright. Lemme know what he says." She said.

"Sure."

"Listen, I'll talk to you later, okay? My class is about to start."

"Okay, Ari. Take care." I said and hung up.

*A FEW HOURS LATER*

I had nothing to do. College hadn't yet begun. I tried passing my time by reading a novel and watching YouTube for a while but still eventually became bored. Should I call Ethan?

Talking to him for a few minutes won't disturb his schedule, surely.

I dialled his number and patiently waited for him to attend, but it went on voicemail. That's weird... if Ethan's busy, Alayah has his phone and she attends. I called again but the same happened. I couldn't help but feel anxious.

My phone buzzed indicating a new text. I quickly checked it, thinking it to be Ethan but it was... Aaron.

Aaron: hello Anastasia.

My heart drummed in my chest as I read his text. How can it be possible?! Just yesterday Ethan told me that Aaron's in jail. Could he have escaped? Is he really capable of doing that?

Hun, he's a dangerous guy. There's no knowing what he can do.

Aaron: I heard there's some fire at your husband's office. Better check if he's okay.

My heart stopped beating for a second. My whole world felt like it was going upside down. That can't be true. He's surely saying that to scare me.

Me: you're lying.

Aaron: really? Am I? Why don't call him and find out?

I hurriedly called Ethan's number again but just like the last two times, it went on voice mail. Dear God, please keep Ethan safe.

Aaron: he's not answering, is he?

Fucking dickhead.

I quickly called Zayn. He co-owned AB enterprises. My fear and anxiety escalated when he didn't answer his phone either. My next reflex was to call the main reception of AB Enterprises. But several minutes passed and no one attended.

Oh Lord. Could it be true? Is there really some fire?

I dashed out of our room and went downstairs. I pressed the button on the intercom close to the main door. "Can someone please come here fast?"

A few minutes later, a concierge member came to me. "Do you need something, ma'am?" He asked.

"Can one of the drivers take me to Ethan's office right now?"

"Ma'am, Joshua and Henry were just called there minutes ago." He told me.

"Why? Is everything okay?"

"I don't know, ma'am. But it seemed urgent." He said, increasing my worry.

"Okay, thanks. You can go." I said. He nodded and left. I began to feel dizzy and held onto the small table nearby to keep myself from falling.

"Ma'am? Are you alright?" Mrs. Janette Kipler said, rushing to my side to hold me. She helped me carefully sit down on the couch.

"Are you alright, ma'am? Do you want me to get you some water?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"Is everything okay at Ethan's office? I was told the drivers had to rush there."

"Ma'am, I'm not sure but I think I heard something about a fire."