25. "I'm so stressed."

(2537 words)

"Can we hang out this weekend?" Elsa asked. Me, Elsa, Sylvia, Alyssa, Iris and Annie were chatting through the group video call feature on FaceTime.

"Yeah, sure. Let's do it!" Annie stated excitedly. She was always enthusiastic about such stuff.

"I'm in but do ask Ana if she'd like to join. Hopefully she won't be busy with her husband-to-be." Alyssa said, a teasing smile playing on her lips.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Don't worry. I'll give you guys some of my precious time."

"Aw how kind of you, Anastasia." Iris said sarcastically and I laughed.

"It's settled then! We'll go to the mall this Saturday." Elsa declared.

"Can someone pick me up though?" Sylvia asked.

"Yeah don't worry. I'll provide you pick and drop." Alyssa said to her. Our conversation continued. We'd talk about one thing, that one thing would lead to another one, and another, then another and so on. We chatted for hours and I loved every second of it. I loved talking to my friends.

———

Aaron: how long are you going to deny that you want me?

I kept reading his text over and over again with a scowl on my face. What the hell would it take for him to leave me the heck alone?! I wished there was something I could do about him. Like kill him.

I sighed exasperatedly and tossed my phone onto my bed. Reading his stupid text was only adding to my stress, wasn't giving me any benefit. I made my way to my study table and opened my books, determined to study to forget about Aaron.

———
*THE NEXT DAY*

I made my way into Ethan's—wait, no, our home. It would take a while for me to get used to it. Ethan wasn't the one to bring me here today, instead, I came myself after college, wanting to my visit my fiancé.

I was greeted nicely by the concierge and escorted to the lounge. "Is Ethan home?" I asked Mrs. Janette Kipler, one of the care takers of this 'palace'.

"No, ma'am. I'll let Mrs. Woods know about your arrival." She replied and I was expecting that answer.

"Okay."

"Would you like to have something, ma'am?" She asked me politely.

I gave her a smile. "Could I have a cup of coffee? And please, call me Ana."

"Which flavour? And no, ma'am, I don't think Mr. Woods would like that."

"Oh why won't he? I like to be called Ana, so please call me that. There's no need of all this formality. And I'll have a cappuccino."

"Well, as you say, ma—, Ana. I'll get you your coffee." She said, giving me a nod.

"Thank you, Janette." I smiled at her. She left to make my coffee while I sat down on the fancy yet comfortable couch. I looked around at the eye-catching decor. Martha was the one who chose all this wonderful decor.

"Oh Ana! What a lovely surprise!" I heard Martha's voice coming from the stairs. I stood up and gave her a big smile, almost as big as hers. I had grown so fond of her. She wasn't like the typical mother-in-laws at all. She was so nice, sweet and treated me like her own daughter.

She enveloped me into a warm hug before pulling back. "It's so good to see you." And she gestured for me to sit down as she sat down as well.

"I decided to stop by." I told her.