1. I Stopped Forgiving

(1431 words)

"Hello, cousin. How are you today?" My closest cousin, also known as my best friend, Ariana, said through the phone the moment I attended her call.

"I'm fine. What about you? Aren't you in college right now?" I asked her as I softly tossed the book I was reading onto the table in front of me.

"Yeah, last period ended up being free and my friends are leaving. I called to ask if you could come pick me up? Mom's out with her friends, you know how she is, and dad's in a meeting." I wasn't exactly in the mood for driving that day, but I had no choice. I told her I'd be there in a little bit, before I went to put on some decent clothes and tame the tangles in my hair. I was done fixing my appearance in about 15 minutes, so I grabbed my car keys and jogged to the main door which opened before I could open it.

My mother walked in.

"Anastasia, you're going somewhere?" She asked, placing a small brown paper-bag containing a few groceries on the table nearby.

"Yup. I'm going to pick Ariana from college. She doesn't have anyone to drop her home."

"Alright. Be careful." I was glad mom didn't ask too many questions, and rushed out to my car before driving off to Ariana's college. Ariana was my 16 year old cousin. I was 18 and we were both really close with each other ever since she was born.

I drove fast enough and managed to reach there in fifteen minutes. I got out of my car and took small strides towards the main gate, but before I could go any further, I was forced to stop in my tracks abruptly.

Oh my God.

A few feet away stood the most handsome guy I had ever laid my eyes on, bearing the most captivating dark brown eyes and matching hair.

I couldn't help but stand there and admire his beauty. He was like a work of art. Tall, easily around 6ft, and bearing a body that screamed 'I go to the gym everyday'.

He was definitely older than me. Three or four years maybe. He seemed comfortable and confident in his skin. Who wouldn't be if they had looks and a body like his?

My eyes roamed over his sculpted body, especially his chest which I suddenly wanted to see. And his torso. I needed to see if he had a six pack or maybe 11 lines.

Oh God. What the hell are you thinking, Anastasia? That is so inappropriate.

I was unable to take my eyes off of that beautifully sculpted human being. It was as if God had spent extra time, carefully creating him.

And then he snapped his head in my direction. Of course he would've felt someone gawking at him without stop.

Look away, Ana, look away.

But I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried. I found myself looking into his eyes. They looked so deep, so beautiful, like dark chocolate. And I loved dark chocolate.

I could look into them all day. And at him all day. He was just so gorgeous.

"Ana! Hey!" A loud exclaim that belonged to my cousin snapped me out of my trance which caused me to realise what I'd been doing. I had been eyeing a very attractive man like a desperate, thirsty clown and had surely made a fool of myself.