2. He Got Me

(1503 words)

I parked my car in the parking lot of Ariana's college. once I reached there. Looking at my reflection in the rear-view mirror, I took a couple deep breaths, before stepping out and walking to the main gate.

I had just stepped inside when my gaze met with his. That annoyingly, ridiculously attractive guy.

Damn it. He's here. And he's looking at me. Damn damn damn. Oh no he's walking this way. Great job, Ana. Who the hell told you to gawk at him yesterday?

I watched in horror as he walked my way and when he was close enough, he extended his hand as if he was going to touch me. Oh God, oh God, oh God.

It seemed as if it was all in slow motion. I watched with wide eyes as he stretched out his arm as if he was going to put his arm around me. My heart started beating rapidly in my chest, and I watched in disappointment as he shook hands with a guy that was standing behind me.

I couldn't put a finger on why I was so disappointed. I should've been relieved. Being involved romantically with a guy was a big no for me after everything I had experienced. Guys brought trouble, heartbreak and tragedy. And I had gotten my fair share of that, in addition to abuse and disregard.

My mouth hung open and it took me a few seconds to figure out what had happened. He had definitely done that on purpose. He wanted to tease me. Saw me ogling him yesterday and decided to mess with me. Typical arrogant guy behaviour.

I looked up at his innocent looking face, frowning. He was completely ignoring my existence and chatting with that guy he shook hands with. Anger, frustration and disappointment took over me. I didn't know why I was feeling that way.

Just then my cousin appeared, smiling radiantly. She approached me and gave me a tight hug. I held onto her and my gaze went to the guy. His eyes flashed towards me for a split second before they were focused on that guy he was talking to again. I slowly let go of Ariana, my gaze travelling to mystery guy's hands buried in his jeans' pockets; I felt my heart flutter for some reason.

"Um Ana, shall we go?" Ariana asked, raising an eyebrow at me, looking confused. I nodded my head and proceeded to walk out of the gate with her but before I did that, I glanced back one last time to see that he was looking right back at me. He sent me a knowing smirk and in that moment, just by doing that, he got me. At that point I knew that it would take way too much will-power to get him out of my head, and I didn't possess it.

"Ana, what's up? You're too lost in your thoughts." Ariana asked me as we walked to my car. I took a deep breath before getting in the driver seat. I started driving towards the mall in silence, but I knew that Ariana was waiting for an answer. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell her. She was like my sister and I was used to sharing everything with her.

"I don't know how to put this." I said quietly.

"What? Did something happen?" She asked, turning her body towards me.

I blew out a breath of air. "I shouldn't be feeling this way."

"Anastasia, you're perplexing me."

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm confused myself." I admitted.

"Will you please tell me properly what's bothering you? Only then I can help you."

"How do I say this?" I bit my lower lip.

"Ana, throw words out." She instructed.