The after effect

Annika's home

She woke up with a jerk when she heard her phone ringing.Last night was very difficult for her she cried whole night and because of that she got a headache.. His love is not talking to her she expected that he will call but to her disappointment it was call from dadi.

"Hello dadi"she said in a sad tone.
"Annika puttar, hume tumse bahut zarori baat karni hai, jitni jaldi ho ghar aa jao." She said in plain voice.
She thought may be shivaay told them about their decision to get married for once her lips went broad with smile. But next moment she was suspicious that why she is sounding so plain she should be happy.

Which made her more confused. She knew there must be something that they are calling on so urgently. She said she will come and disconnected her call.

At Oberoi Mansion
Annika reached there as soon as possible, she saw whole family sitting in the hall. She reached there her eyes fell on shivaay who was standing between om and rudra, they all were looking at her which did not go unnoticed by her, she felt a strange feeling. She tried to look into shivaay eyes, because she knew his eyes speaks to her but to her surprise it was blank.
She knew he was angry but she thought he would welcome her more warmly than this. But she keep her calm and went straight to dadi who was sitting with dai ma at centre. Tej and shakti at one side and pinky and jahnvi at other.
She touched dadi 's feet and went to touch dai ma's feet too. Unlike yesterday today she blessed her. Then she went and stood at the corner so that dadi could talk to her.
She did notice there was something very important they wanted to say to her but as she was expecting it was not about her marriage because all looked so tense and thoughtful. All were silent and were lost somewhere .

She asked not wanting to hear anything bad "dadi you wanted to say something?" She was looking at her with her curious eyes.

Then dadi spoke hesitating" haan puttar baat to karni thi, wo bhi zaroori par kaise kahun pata nahi"

"Boliye na dadi, apko aise kya baat karni hai jikse liye aap itna soch rahi hai, koi problem hai kya?" She said a little nervous.
Dadi said" na na puttar problem to nahi hai par..."

In between she looked at shivaay he was not looking at her his eyes were looking at floor. She has never seen him like that now her heart started to beat faster she felt tension on her nerve and she was scared what if they refused their relationship, and after yesterday's incident what if shivaay agreed with them and decided to not marry her. Afterall his priority is his family.
Her heart was pumping faster and dadis lips were sealed.

Suddenly dai ma spoke, taking everyone's attention"Annika beta kalyani tujhese kehne se darr rahi hai isliye itna samay le rahi hai, me batati hu."
"na na kaveri ye baat mujhe hi Annika se karni chahiye,"

turning to Annika she said" baat shivaay ki shaadi ki hai puttar," annikas gaze fixed on shivaay who was not looking at her but she was not removing her eyes from him.

Dadi said" usse pehle kuch batana hai tumhe ye kaveri amma hai, shivomru ki dai ma aur meri pakki wali saheli,riste me bhale hi kuch na lagti ho par shivomru ke liye me aur dai ma ek bararbar hai." She paused then again said

" jab hum apne business ki shuruat me profit nahi kama paye the aur oberoi industry to band karne ki soch rahe the tab kaveri aur unke pati Mr.Puri ne humari madad ki aur oberoi Empire ko band hone se bachaya tha."

"Iske bade ehsaan hai humpe, jo kitna bhi karo kabhi chuka nahi payenge."
All this while Annika knew it was something major they wanted to talk about and she was feeling not well, she feared what if she has part her ways with shivaay.
And she heard dadi say the exact words she feared to hear" kaveri apni poti (grand daughter )ki shaadi shivaay se karwana chahti hai puttar"

Annika was broken from inside she could not feel her senses, her eyes full of teara ready to come out, her world upside down she looked at shivaay, but he was still looking at floor. What happened to him she thought, he waa not.like that he always stood by her and she knew he loved her then why he is not speaking.Did yesterday's her words made him so mad that he wants to give up their relationship.

She was soo confused and sad, she heard dadis voice ,"shivaay se abhi tak humne kuch nahi pucha, hum tumse janna chahte hai tumhari rai kya hai is baare me.? Kal shivaay ne bataya ki tum dono shaadi karna chahte ho.but jab kaveri ne pehli baar kuch manga hai humse , to usse mana kaise kare, tu bata puttar hume kya karna chahiye?"

Annika was shattered, what is happening to her life, it was like fairytale yesterday now, all her dreams broken,and she was expected to say and decide about her broken relationship. She looked at shivaay but he was still not looking at her.

she was broken, in her broken voice she said"dadi kya bolu aap badi hai aap sab jaanti bhi hai, par aapka haq banta hai shivaay par, aap jo faisla lengi mujhe manjor hai.

With every word she was dying she cant fight this battle alone and her shivaay not at all looking at her, she was helpless.
She stood abruptly and started to move she failed in her relationship, she is a selfless girl but she never thought someday she had to give away her most precious thing, his life shivaay to someone else. She can question them and shivaay too but she did nt have strength to say a single word.

Her legs were not ready to move but she cant stay there for long, she will break if she stays there. She was stopped by a firm hand.

She could feel him, he came infront of her.with his two finger he made Annika look into his eyes, those eyes which has tears on them and not looking at him. He said in calm voice" tum itni jaldi haar nahi man sakti, tum meri Annika ho, khidkitod Annika."

Taking her hand in his, he made her face the whole family, and said"mene kaha tha she is not ready for all this, aplog na sunte nahi ho meri baat".

With that everybody laughed even dai ma has smile on her face. Annika was surprised what is this?...that means they all were playing with her.

"Kya Annika didi itni jaldi give up kar diya?aap to itni cool ho mujhe laga aap apni chappal se sabki oh my mata karengi.aap to dar gayi" Rudy said a little disappointed, om was smiling and the dadi spoke."sorry puttar hume nai pata tha tu rone lag jayegi,hum bas mazak kar rahe the."

All one by one said sorry to her then relaxing a bit she asked" to sab jhooth tha?" Shivaay still holding her hand.

"Sab nahi par haan jhoot hi tha" om said. She was confused she looked at shivaay now his eyes speaking to her it has some mischief.....

*********

*The flashback.

Hey friends this is the next part, hope you enjoy it, this part is a little long so bear with it, upcoming is interesting.

I will try to put some romance wherever possible but please continue with your love.