iv. whatever the hell we want

THEY HAD BEEN walking for about an hour, but it felt like forever

THEY HAD BEEN walking for about an hour, but it felt like forever. It had been mostly silent before Bellamy decides to speak up. "Hey, hold up. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart." For some reason as he was talking he had pulled his gun out.

"Hey, put the gun away Bellamy." Wells says to him as the group comes to a stop. Murphy thought it would be a good idea to start a fight so he pushed Wells.

"Why don't you do something about it?" Murphy questions, egging Wells on.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear hit his heart he would have died instantly." Clarke explains looking towards Bellamy. "It doesn't mean we have time to waste."

"As soon as you two take those wristband off, we can go." Bellamy claims looking at Clarke and Kya.

"The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?" Kya asks Bellamy while she walks closer to him.

"Brave princess." Bellamy smirks, taking a step forward so that their chests were almost touching.

"Why don't you find your own nickname." Finn says walking up from behind them. Kya guesses he changed his mind. "Gotta split up, cover more ground. Clarke, Kya come with me." Kya turns, sending Bellamy a smirk of her own before she follows Finn and Clarke.

"Better late than never." Kya states.

"I like to think so." Finn replies.

-

After walking for more than forty minutes Clarke and Finn decided to take a break. It was more just a way for them to flirt, but Kya didn't really care. Clarke deserved to have some fun. So while they were swimming she was looking around the area trying to find any sign of Jasper. "Do you guys see that?" Kya yells getting both Clarke and Finn's attention. The redhead ran up to the the rocks covered in blood.

They all inspected the area, Clarke is the first one to find something. "Jasper. He was here." She says holding up his goggles. "We should get the others."

Finn squats down and swipes his finger over the trail of blood. It didn't take a genius to know that it was fresh. "We're close." He announces.

-

"Hey, how do we know this is the right way?" Murphy questions.

"We don't." Bellamy states. "Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker."

"It's called 'cutting sign.' Fourth-year earth skills." Kya explains. "He's good."

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Finn asks aiming the question more towards Bellamy.

"See your invisible." Bellamy whispers to Wells, though Clarke, Finn, and Kya didn't know what it meant. Before any of them could question what Bellamy was talking about they hear a loud groan. It was Jasper.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy asks.

"Now would be a good time to take out that gun." Clarke tells Bellamy as they all take off running. Finally they reach a clearing only to see a bloody Jasper stripped of his shirt and tied to a tree.

"Jasper. Oh my god." Kya breathes out as Clarke and her begin to step forward.

"Jasper." Clarke calls out.

"What the hell is this?" Bellamy questions beginning to pull out his gun. Before any of them could speak the ground below Kya gave out and she was suddenly falling. At the last second Bellamy grabbed ahold of her arm. Kya looked down to see that at the bottom of the pit she was hanging in were spikes. She looked back up to Bellamy and for a split second she thought he was going to let go of her.

"Kya!" Kya hears Clarke yell.

"Get her up! Pull her up! Pull her up! Get her! Pull her up!" Finn and Wells yell, getting behind Bellamy to help him pull her up.

"You okay?" Finn asks as Kya tries her best to scoot away from the hole in the ground.

"Yeah." Kya mutters out, breathing hard.

"We need to get him down." Clarke interrupts giving everyone a second to breath, while Kya jumps up from her spot on the ground.

"I'll climb up there and cut the vines." Finn offers.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm with you." Wells agrees only to be stopped by Finn.

"No. Stay with Clarke and Kya. And watch him." Finn says, looking towards Bellamy. "You. Let's go." He nods his head towards Murphy.

"There's a poultice on his wound." Kya exclaims remembering everything Abby had taught Clarke and her about medicine.

"Medicine?" Wells questions. "Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?"

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes its dinner to be breathing." Bellamy drawls.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us." Finn calls.

"Be careful." Kya raises her voice as they start to make progress on Jasper's restraints. The last thing they needed was for one of them to fall out of the tree and injure themselves further. Suddenly a loud roar is heard off in the distance, catching everyone's attention.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy questions, an obvious look of fear on his face.

"Grounders." Bellamy supplies. He's proven wrong when a cougar jumps out of the woods, running straight towards them.

"Bellamy. Gun." Kya yells, moving a bit closer to him. As Bellamy goes to reach for his gun Wells pulls out one, shooting the animal. He must of somehow got ahold of Bellamy's gun. It takes a couple shots, but Wells finally kills the animal. He goes to make sure the animal is actually dead, but when he tries to shoot it's clear that he's all out of bullets, so he lets the gun fall to the forest floor.

"Now she sees you." Bellamy breathes out.

-

"They're back." Someone yells alerting everyone in camp.

"Is he-" Monty starts before Clarke cuts him off.

"He's alive." Clarke tells the teen.

Kya looks at Jasper as Finn and Wells carry him in before she turns towards Monty knowing what her and Clarke would need to help Jasper. "I need boiled water and strips of cloth for bandage."

Before Clarke and Kya walk into the drop ship to help Jasper, Murphy and Bellamy drop the cougar to the ground. "Who's hungry?" Bellamy shouts, while everyone in camp begins yelling. Kya rolls her eyes before turning and walking into the drop ship.

After about an hour of Clarke and Kya working to save Jasper, they decide to take a break. "He's stable for now." Kya tells Finn as Clarke and her walk out of the drop ship. "But without medicine-" Kya cuts herself off as she takes in the scene in front of her. "They're taking off their wristbands for food?"

"No way. I-I won't do it." Clarke stutters.

"You don't have to." Kya shakes her head, walking up to the fire she grabs ahold of some food for her, Clarke, and Finn.

"Whoa, whoa. Wait, wait, wait. What, you think you play by different rules?" Murphy asks.

"I thought there were no rules." Kya states, a smirk on her face before she makes her way back over to Clarke and Finn.

Another kid believes he can do the same, but before he can grab ahold of the food Bellamy stops him by punching him. He looks towards Kya, her only response is the raise of her eyebrow as she turns to follow Clarke and Finn back into the drop ship.