xiv. hard choices

THEIR PLAN TO save Finn was so far going, not well

       THEIR PLAN TO save Finn was so far going, not well. After they had broken free of the grounders hold, Clarke and Kya had ran aimlessly through the woods trying to find any sign of camp or Finn, unfortunately they had been caught. They were now sitting around a camp fire surrounded by grounders. Anya was sitting across the fire watching Clarke and Kya, all three women glaring at each other. They were interrupted by hooves hitting the ground. 

"Your left flank is vulnerable." A man Kya, nor Clarke had ever seen before stood upon the rocks towering over the small camp. Grounders, along with Anya stood up, pulling out their weapons.

"My archers are in the trees have orders to kill anyone hostile. You're not hostile, are you, Tristan?" Anya questions, condescendingly. The grounder named Tristan jumped down to the works, walking over to the grounders, when he noticed Kya and Clarke. He moved towards the girls causing them to scoot back in fear, their chains clanging together from the movement.

"So this is who's beating you?" Tristan asks, looking down at the two teen girls.

"Who are you?" Clarke questions.

"I'm the man sent to slaughter your people." Tristan responds causing Clarke and Kya to hold their breathes in fear. Kya prayed that Bellamy was still safe in camp and that nothing to extreme had happened since her and Clarke had left.

"The commander sent you?" Anya asks, seemingly not liking Tristan. Kya understood why; he was creepy.

"Your unit is mine now. My rangers are hungry and at the river. Go feed them. We march on the invaders' camp at first light. I'll make quick work of what you failed to do, starting with these two." Tristan exclaims, pulling out a small dagger, and quickly advancing towards Clarke and Kya.

"Anya, look! Over there." A grounder calls catching Anya's attention, effectively stopping Tristan too.

"A signal fire." Anya states walking towards the base of where they were camped.

"Reapers." Tristan mutters.

"Let them know we see it. I'll send my fastest rider to warn the commander." Anya informs the grounders.

"No. There is no time. Kill the prisoners. Get to the river." Tristan instructs.

"Is the boy dead?" Anya asks as Tristan walks away and another grounder walks up to her.

"Mm-hmm." The grounder mumbles causing the breath to leave from both Clarke and Kya. They were too late.

"Good. Kill the girls, then catch up." Anya commands. Clarke begins to cry and while Kya was sad she also knew they would definitely die if they didn't at least to try to fight.

"Clarke." Kya groans as she starts to pull away, trying to get as far away from the grounder as she could, but her chains were keeping her in place. The grounder yanked on the girls chains causing them to go flying towards him. Both girls groan in pain as the roughly hit the ground. Kya felt her head begin to spin as she comes in contact with the solid dirt floor, she must have hit her head pretty hard. She tried her hardest to fight against it, but there was nothing she could do. The world around her suddenly started to become black and fade away.