xii. i am become death

"KYA AND CLARKE shouldn't be out here

"KYA AND CLARKE shouldn't be out here." Finn states he as watches the two girls walk aimlessly around.

"Their parents were on the ship. They're looking for answers. You want to help them, find me the black box, hard drives, anything that will explain why this ship crashed." Raven explains looking around.

"Stay sharp." Bellamy suddenly calls. "Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when."

"Can you blame them?" Finn comments trying to get a rise out of Bellamy.

"No. I blame you." Bellamy replies.

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns--" Finn begins when Raven cuts him off.

"If we didn't bring guns, we all would've been killed." Raven eyes Finn growing irritated by the second.

"Why they're coming doesn't matter anymore. It's our job to be ready when they do. We're on our own now." Bellamy exclaims.

Kya walked around the crash looking at all the burned skeletons, she wondered which one was her father. She hadn't stopped crying the entire night, Bellamy did his best to comfort her, but nothing seemed to help. She just kept replaying the last couple years over in her head, and how cold both her and her father were to each other. A putrid smell knocked Kya out of her thoughts. Smelling it, she let out a groan.

"Kya, stop!" Raven yells sprinting towards the redhead.

"Rocket fuel?" Kya questions as Clarke, Finn, and Bellamy run up from behind Raven.

"Hydrazine... Highly unstable in its non solid form. If this stuff meets fire, we're all pink mist." Raven explains as she picks up a small rock, dipping it into the hydrazine. "Fire in the hole!" Raven yells as she tosses the rock into a still burning fire. Seconds later an explosion occurs causing everyone besides Raven to jump. "We need to clear the area."

Bellamy nods before turning to the rest of the delinquents. "Okay, then. We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot. We got to get back before dark."

-

"Where is he?" Bellamy yells once they reached the dropship. When they had got back to camp there had been a commotion. Murphy was back. Kya lets out a small gasp when she sees Murphy. He was bloody and beaten, the grounders must have tortured him. "Everyone but Connor and Derek out... Now!"

"He claims he was with the Grounders." Derek tells Bellamy.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp." Connor explains.

"I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the Grounders." Murphy mumbles.

"Anyone see grounders?" Bellamy questions. When neither men respond Bellamy nods his head. "Well, in that case--" Bellamy aims his gun at Murphy.