xxviii. blood must have blood

"OCTAVIA

"OCTAVIA." KYA EXCLAIMS, running down the tunnel. Once reaching Octavia, Kya pulls her into a hug.

"Octavia. You stayed." Clarke comments as she catches up to the two girls.

"Screw you. Of course, I stayed. I know where my loyalties lie." Octavia snaps. At Octavia's statement Kya remembers that Octavia had found out about Clarke knowing about the missiles that had hit Tondc.

"We have to get in there." Kya changes the subject, looking towards the door that would get them into Mount Weather.

"I know." Octavia sighs. "Why did Lexa sound the retreat?"

Even at the sound of her name Kya's blood began to boil. "The bitch betrayed us. She made a deal with Mount Weather, freed the Grounders, and now we're on our own."

Walking past the two girls Clarke begins banging on the door. "Stop! They'll know we're here. What about Lincoln? There's no way he would have gone along with a plan like this." Octavia says.

"He didn't. They took him." Kya sighs. Before any of the women could say anything else the door opened. "Bellamy?" Not wasting anytime Kya jumps into his arms, pulling back she allows Octavia a turn.

"I knew it. You two are too scrawny to drill." Kya comments when she notices Jasper and Monty walk through the door, pulling the two boys into a hug. Pulling away from them she walks over to Clarke and Bellamy.

"Where's your army?" Bellamy questions.

"Gone just like yours. Say you have a plan." Clarke breathes out.

"Not really. We need to talk to Dante. Maya says he's in quarantine." Bellamy explains. A sudden beeping noise interrupts the leaders.

"Thirty minutes. And we just changed it. That can't be right. Uh, shh-- um... It's her last tank." Jasper stutters, checking Maya's oxygen tank.

"Hey. Uh, we'll find you another one." Kya reassures.

"All the supplemental oxygen is on level five." Maya explains.

"Then we have to get you to level five." Jasper states.

"Five isn't safe for any of us." Maya tells him, shaking her head.

"We'll take the trash chute again. It will work." Jasper continues.

"To get in, maybe. Maya's right. Every soldier in this mountain is there. We'll never make it out." Bellamy speaks up.

"We can do this." Jasper doesn't give any room for arguments. "We'll split up."

"Okay. You guys go for Dante. We'll help Maya." Octavia says, looking towards the trio of leaders. The group nods before dispersing, finally entering the mountain.

-

"Hello, Kya." Dante drawls when he sees the familiar bright red hair enter his white quarantine room.