xiii. the calm

"ANYTHING?" BELLAMY QUESTIONS as he walks up behind Clarke and Kya

"It's been two days. Maybe the bomb at the bridge scared them off for good." Clarke suggests, though they all knew that wasn't true.

"You believe that?" Bellamy asks the blonde.

"No. They're coming." Kya answers instead.

"Jasper thinks he can cook up some more gunpowder if he gets some sulfur, and Raven says she can turn that into landmines. So be careful where you step." Bellamy explains as the trio walks deeper into camp.

Both girls let out small laughs at Bellamy's comment. "Funny." Clarke states.

"What I really need is a thousand more of her tin can bombs I can roll into their village and blow those Grounders to hell. That's what they want to do to us." Bellamy exclaims as the trio walk side to side.

"Can't believe we survived a hundred years just so we could slaughter each other. There has to be another way." Kya sighs running a hand through her hair.

"Any word from the Ark?" Bellamy suddenly asks.

Both girls shake their heads. "Radio silence."

"Finally ran out of air." Bellamy mumbles causing a frown to appear on Kya's face. She hopes that's not what happened. Regardless of how the people in charge on the Ark treated them there were still kids on board.

"Maybe our parents were lucky being on the Exodus ship. At least it was quick. No one is coming down to save us." Kya states as the three leaders look at each other.

-

"Any idea what happened?" Kya questions as she walks past the now burnt down smokehouse.

"Murphy says that Del kept feeding the fire, mostly because Octavia told him it was a bad idea." Bellamy explains as he crouches down next to the rumble trying to see if any of their food had survived the fire.

"And we believe Murphy?" Kya asks with an eyebrow raised.

"I do. Yeah." Bellamy tells her.

"We have some wild onions and nuts in the dropship. It's only enough to last us maybe one or two weeks. What's left here?" Kya asks as she looks over the burnt food.

"Nothing. It all burned." Bellamy sighs.

"Then we have to hunt. Anyone we can spare goes out." Kya tells him. She knew Bellamy wouldn't like the fact that they would have to leave camp to hunt so she tried to walk away as fast as she could but he caught her.

"With the whole Grounder army out there?" Bellamy questions.

"Look." Kya begins. "We can't defend ourselves if we're starving."

Bellamy nods before letting go of Kya's arm. As she tries to walk away again he stops her. "Kya." He calls stopping her. "How are you? We haven't really had time to ourselves lately."