xxvii. bodyguard of lies

AFTER THE ATTACK on Tundc it was time to move

       AFTER THE ATTACK on Tundc it was time to move. Lexa, Clarke, and Kya were currently standing in Lexa's tent discussing the plan. "What if we're wrong and cutting the power doesn't disengage the locks?" Kya questions.

"You people said it will. You should rest, Kya." Lexa responds moving out of her make shift bed. Kya ignores her comment, she wouldn't rest until her people and Bellamy were safe and out of the mountain.

"We could blow the doors manually." Clarke suggests.

"Plans don't last very long in battle. Tiring yourself with questions already asked and answered is a waste of energy." Lexa drawls.

"People died for this, Lexa. It has to work." Kya snaps.

"You two are doing what I did when I first took command. We can't move forward and it's giving you too much time to think. Once Bellamy shuts down the acid fog and the battle beings, everything will be clear." Lexa explains.

"What if he can't? What if it was too dangerous and I sent him in there anyway?" Clarke continues.

"You two care about him." Lexa examines.

"He's my boyfriend." Kya speaks up. "We both care about him. And we couldn't have kept us alive all this time without him. We need him." Kya sighs, standing up from her spot at the table. Lexa was right, she was thinking to much. Swiftly Kya yanks her sword out of its sheath. "I'm gonna go train."

-

Night came and went and Kya had been awake for around 30 hours, yet she was full of energy and nerves. She continued to train throughout the day hoping that would make her forget some of her fears, but it didn't help. Kya's training is interrupted when a flare is seen flying through the air. "Clarke!" Kya yells, turning to the blonde. "The signal."

"Bellamy did it." Clarke exclaims, running to Kya.

"You were right to have faith in him. Now we fight." Lexa tells the two leaders. The three women nod as they follow Lexa to the edge of the hill. Under them were thousands of grounder warriors waiting for there Heda's command. "Teik em laud tromon-de! Kom wor!" (Sound the horn! To war!)

-

"Welcome, Sky Crew. Join us." Lexa exclaims.

"A package from Raven. Hydrazine. She said it would do the job." Mr. Miller, Miller's dad, explains showing the package to the leaders. "And, uh, your mother wanted to be here, too."

"I know, but the wounded in Tondc need her more." Clarke tells him.

"Field commanders, today's the day we get our people back. The enemy thinks it's safe behind its doors, but it's not. When it realizes that, it will fight back... Hard. We need to be ready." Lexa explains to her people as the crowd around a table.

"This is a rescue mission." Clarke begins, looking towards her people. "We are not here to wipe them out. There are people inside that mountain that have helped us, children who have nothing to do with this war. We kill their soldiers, their leadership if we have to, but we are there to rescue our people. Is that clear?"