xvi. the 48

THE FIRST THING Kya sees when she wakes up is white

THE FIRST THING Kya sees when she wakes up is white. Just white, everything was white. The walls, her bed, the floor, her skin. That was the thing that caught her attention. She hadn't seen her pale skin clean in months. As she examined herself further she noticed she was wearing clean white clothes and her wounds and cuts were stitched up. Her fiery red hair almost glowed in contrast with her skin and clothes.

"Where am I?" Kya mumbles as she sits up. She stopped herself when she felt a small pull on her arm, hesitantly she turns to see an IV implanted in her arm. Quickly she grabbed ahold of it, yanking it out. Slowly Kya brought her feet to the ground, she also noticed she wasn't wearing shoes. As her bare feet hit the cold ground she let out a quiet gasp. Once she was used to her feet on the cold floor she quickly made her way to the only door in the room. Surprisingly it was locked. Kya's eyes widened, she didn't like being in small spaces that she couldn't get out of. They reminded her too much of the Ark.

Questions began running through her head. Where was she? Where was Clarke? Where was the rest of the 100? Had her dad and Abby survived? Then she remembered Bellamy, the thought of him alone brought tears to her eyes. Then she got mad. Whoever the hell had put her here were about to have a very rude awakening. Kya searched the room for something she'd be able to use to break the window on the door. The first thing she grabbed ahold of was her IV pole. That would work.

Taking a hold of it she walked towards the door only to notice a camera stationed above the door. This caused Kya's blood to boil even more. Quickly she swung the rod, breaking the camera. Then she moved towards the window. She jammed the IV pole through the window, shattering it. Quickly she reached her arm through the broken window to grab ahold of the door handle, but she had done it too quickly and sliced almost her entire forearm. Kya let out a cry of pain, but it almost made her feel better, to not be completely clean.

Ignoring the pain Kya opened the door. Down the hall she heard a loud noise, she followed it only to find a person in a hazmat suit cleaning another room almost identical to hers. Out of habit Kya reached back to grab her sword, but of course it wasn't there. Thinking quickly Kya ran back to her room grabbing a hold of a broken shard of glass that had been lying on the floor. Walking back to the room with the person in it, she walked up behind them, pulling their mask off. It looked to be a girl about her age, but that didn't stop Kya. She knew how deadly teenage girls could be.

"What are you doing? I'll be contaminated." The girl suddenly cries, backing away from Kya.

Kya ignores her, instead pushing her against the wall, placing the piece of glass against her throat. "Where am I? Where are my friends?"

"You're fine. They are fine. You don't understand, okay?" The girl exclaims. So Kya's friends were here. That caused Kya to let out a deep breath, at least she wasn't alone.

"Take me to them." Kya states pressing the shard of glass closer to the girls neck. Kya whipped the girl around so her arm was now wrapped around the girls throat. "Lead the way."