xxiv. framed

KYA COULDN'T STOP looking at her hand

KYA COULDN'T STOP looking at her hand. She couldn't stop looking at Finn's blood. "Kya." Kya's head shoots up as she watches her father walk into the commanders tent, along with Abby.

"Dad." Kya begins, tears forming in her eyes. "They would've tortured him I had to. I-I had to. I had to. I did it for Clarke. She couldn't watch it." Kane stays silent as he pulls his daughter into a hug. They are interrupted when the commander walks in, once Kya sees her, her face hardens.

"Blood has answered blood." Lexa begins taking a seat. "Some of my side say that's not enough they wanted the murderer to suffer through our traditional demands. But they do not know that your suffering will be worse. What you did tonight will haunt you until the end of your days. Still, there will be restitution, the body will be given to murderer and murdered joined by fire. Only then can we have peace."

"No, no, we've done enough the boy should be buried by his own people-" Kane interrupts.

"Enough? We were owed the pain of 18 deaths, we were owed the righteous kill my village deserves justice." Indra snaps.

"You don't want justice you want vengeance." Abby exclaims, glaring at Indra.

"You have not seen my vengeance." Indra begins stepping forward.

"We'll do it." Kya finally says, stopping Indra and Abby's taunts. "But when it's over we talk about how to get our people out of Mount Weather. All of our people."

"We want the same things, Kya." Lexa replies.

"Good, when do we leave?" Kya questions, wanting this day to be over.

"Now. Choose your attendance." Lexa exclaims, standing and walking out of the tent.

Kya took a deep breath, turning to exit the tent when she was stopped by Abby. "Kya, you don't have to do this."

"Yes I do, if this truce doesn't hold, I killed Finn for nothing." Kya mumbles before moving past her father and Abby. Kya tried to stay clear of Raven and Clarke as she walked out. She needed some time to herself. She hoped Bellamy's words would be enough to get her through this, 'Leaders have to make the hard choices.'

-

It was now morning and Kya had been able to successfully avoid Clarke, Bellamy, and Raven. She did want them in her attendance though as they made their way to Tondc, so Kya had asked Abby to tell them.

"K, you doing alright?" Bellamy questions, jogging up to catch the redhead.

"Yeah." Kya mumbles, keeping her eyes straight ahead.

"Kya." Bellamy exclaims, wrapping his arm around the girl. He pulled her into his side as they walked. Bellamy leaned down slightly so he could whisper in her ear. "You did the right thing."

"Now I get to live with it." Kya whispers back looking up at him. "You still think this truce is a bad idea, don't you?"

"I think we're wasting out time on politics while our friends are in trouble." Bellamy explains looking back up at the commander.