vii. shooting star

"IF IT CLEARED the ridge, it's probably near the lake

"IF IT CLEARED the ridge, it's probably near the lake. We should get moving." One of Bellamys goons reports to him. In the middle of the night what looked like a cargo ship was seen falling from the sky, people wanted to go see what it was and what the Ark had sent them, but Bellamy was cautious.

"Everyones ready." Octavia comments slipping into the tent.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe." Bellamy states.

"Bellamy." Kya exclaims trying to get his attention. They didn't all have to go, but if they waited a grounder or someone else could get ahold of what ever was in that ship.

"We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." Bellamy continues ignoring Kya.

"Everyone for 100 miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now." Octavia explains voicing Kya's thoughts.

"I said we wait until sunrise." With that Octavia rolls her eyes, walking out of the tent. Kya stands still for a minute just staring at Bellamy. Something was off.

"What." He grumbles.

"What are you hiding?" Kya asks causing him to tense up, so he was hiding something.

"Nothing." Bellamy mumbles.

"Then why aren't you and I at least going out there?" Kya questions.

"Because Kya." Bellamy begins stepping closer to her. "After everything that happened earlier I think the best thing for both of us, especially you, is to just take a breather."

"I don't need for you to watch out for me Bellamy, I know my limits, and I'm fine." Kya states.

Bellamy and Kya stare at each other, daring one another to blink, Bellamy is the one who loses. "Okay, you say you're fine then you're fine, but I still want you to stay here."

'Whatever." Kya mutters rolling her eyes, leaving Bellamy's tent she begins searching for Octavia.

-

"Kya! Wake up!" Kya hears Clarke's voice ring through her ears.

"What's going on?" Kya questions.

"Bellamy's gone. Whatever was in that ship, it was important, and he wanted it." Clarke informs the redhead.

"Son of a bitch." Kya groans jumping to her feet. She knew that asshole was hiding something.

"This isn't your fault, Clarke." Finn says as they make their way out of camp and towards the direction of the cargo ship.

"I should've known he'd go for that radio." Clarke states. So that's what he wants, the radio. Most likely so they wouldn't be able to reach the Ark.

"How are you supposed to know something like that?" Finn questions.

"Because he's spent every single minute since we landed making sure no one on The Ark finds out we're alive." Clarke explains.