xviii. reapercussions

"I'M GONNA GET you out of here

"I'M GONNA GET you out of here." Kya says hurriedly, searching for a key or a way to get Anya out. Seeing no key, she grabbed a crowbar and used it to break the lock on Anya's cage. "Okay, come on. Quick. You're okay." Kya says helping Anya out of the cage. Suddenly the door to the room open, it was Dr. Tsing. "Get back in." Kya whisper, gently pushing Anya back into her cage so she could climb in with her.

Kya's eyes widened when Dr. Tsing began walking towards the cages. Kya looked down to see the broken lock laying on the floor, her heart began beating faster. Luckily some of the other people in the cages began shooting their hands out trying to grab ahold of Dr. Tsing, causing her to back away quickly. Taking one last glance back at the cages, Dr. Tsing left the room.

Once Kya heard the door close, she jumped out of the cage. "Okay. We've gotta go, now!" Kya stresses helping Anya out of the cage. Kya supported Anya, walking them over to a door that said 'End Containment Area'. Struggling with the weight of Anya, Kya grunted as she opened the door. It was too late when Kya finally noticed; looking up she saw an empty room with no other exit than the one they had came through. "No." Kya mumbles, running to the door as it slammed behind them.

"What is that?" Anya questions as an alarm begins to go off.

Kya steps back, turning to Anya. "I don't-" Kya's suddenly cut off when the group below the two women opens up. Both let out screams as they fall through the floor. "Ugh." Kya groans as the land in a cart. "Oh, my god. Oh, my god." Kya begins when she notices the surrounding dead bodies. "Anya, take my hand!" Kya exclaims as she quickly gets out of the cart. Anya takes her time examining the bodies, it seemed like she recognized them. Hesitating Anya finally grabs ahold of Kya's hand and both when jump out of the cart. "We're out." Kya states as she looks around. "Hey come on, get dressed." She tells the older woman when she sees a pile of clothes in the corner of the room. "We won't cover any ground like this."

"I won't leave my people behind." Anya mutters still holding onto the cart.

"Anya listen to me." Kya begins marching over to Anya. "My people are still inside there. But they have guards they have weapons once we're out we can find help and come back and get them."

"There is no 'we'." Anya says stopping the redhead. Both women's heads snap around as they hear yells in the distance. "Someone's coming"

"Not just someone." Kya states. "Reapers." Kya turns when she hears movement behind her. Anya had began to pick up a stick lying on the ground. "Hey, Anya, you can't fight you can hardly stand. I have a better idea come on." Kya moves Anya towards the cart and helps her get back in, following after her Kya jumps in. Kya held her breath as she watched the shadows get closer, she hoped this plan would work. Kya's eyes widen as a body was thrown into the cart, then another. After a couple bodies had been thrown into the cart it began moving.

It had felt like forever when the cart finally stopped moving. Both women stilled when a reaper reached into the cart and pulled out a man that was barely clinging onto life. Kya listened to the man scream as they took him away. When it sounded like they were a good distance away Kya sat up, seeing that the reapers were huddled around a fire, distracted. "Okay. Come on." Kya says looking towards Anya. When she doesn't here any noise coming from the other woman she turns back around. "Anya what are you doing, let's go."