vi. contents under pressure

"YOU TWO SHOULDN'T be out here alone

       "YOU TWO SHOULDN'T be out here alone." Finn says walking up behind the two girls. Clarke stands up to face him, but she just continues to stare at Wells grave. "What if I was a grounder?"

"They got Wells just outside the wall." Finn tells the girls.

"Says the guy who just spent another night exploring the woods all by himself." Clarke replies.

"But I'm reckless. And irresponsible." Kya rolls her eyes before getting up and walking past Clarke and Finn.

-

"This knife was made of metal from the dropship." Kya says picking up the knife that Jasper and Octavia had brought in.

"What do you mean?" Jaspers asks.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy questions.

"No one. We brought it straight here." Octavia explains.

"Kya?" Jasper questions.

"It means the grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us." Kya explains looking towards Bellamy and Clarke.

"So, there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper mutters.

"There's more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet." Hearing Bellamy say that they needed to keep this quiet angered Kya. She wasn't like Clarke, she couldn't keep her emotions in check in times of need, especially anger. She dropped the knife on the table and started towards the door only to be blocked by Bellamy.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." Kya states.

"Be smart about this. Look at what we've achieved the wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the grounders killed Wells is good for us."

"Oh, good for you, you mean. What, keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?" Kya asks already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, that's it. But it's good for all of us. Fear of the grounders is building that wall. And besides, what are you gonna do just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know whose knife that is." Bellamy tries to calm her down.

"Oh, really?" Kya questions grabbing the knife off the table. "J.M. John Murphy. The people have a right to know." Kya finally pushes past Bellamy. Once she makes her way outside she immediately sees Murphy and her anger is fueled all over again. "You son of a bitch!" Kya yells pushing him.

"Wow. What's your problem?" Murphy asks seeming almost amused.

"Recognize this?" Kya questions holding up his knife.

"It's my knife. Where'd you find it?" Murphy asks.

"Where you dropped it after you killed Wells." Kya raises her voice.

"Where I what? The grounders killed Wells, not me." Murphy states.

"I know what you did, and you're gonna pay for it." Kya says.