5: Emerald Grounds

Quiet snickering and giggling could be heard from the ears of Ruby as she gets up, humming tiredly as she wipped the sleep from her eyes away. Looking up, she saw Weiss getting her hair done, Blake reading, and Yang taking pictures.

Yang: Just wait until Dad sees these!
Ruby: N-No! Yang!!

As Ruby struggles out of the sleeping bag, (YN) woke up and simply unzipped it, allowing Ruby to run after Yang as she held her scroll up, sending the pictures to their father. (YN) just got up and yawned, grabbing his change of clothes while Yang continued to tease his new girlfriend.

Meanwhile, In an old, abandoned warehouse...

Several of White Fang soldiers could be seen carrying several of containers of Dust towards a bullhead. A tall man in a white suit and a cane is ordering each of the soldiers around with anger in his voice. This man was known as Roman Torchwick.

Roman Torchwick is a imfamous criminal that stole what he wanted and when he wanted

Roman Torchwick is a imfamous criminal that stole what he wanted and when he wanted. No police force was able to catch him or his partner every since they started to work together.

Neapolitan, his partner and daughter, was a master martial artist that had developed a taste for killing

Neapolitan, his partner and daughter, was a master martial artist that had developed a taste for killing. Being selectively mute, she hardly ever spoke.

Roman: Come on! Hurry up you Faunas rodents! Cinder demanded that these be sent ASAP!
Neo: I still think you're just scared of her
Roman: Neo, I'm not scared of her! We just have an agreement
Neo: that she forced you into

Roman just groaned in annoyence as Neo giggled. Petting her head, Roman continued ordering the White Fang soldiers around.

Back with RWBY and (YN)

The teams suited up and readied their weapons and gears for Emerald Forest. JNPR was the first to go down and RWBY followed shortly after. Once the teams all fell, (YN) jumped out from the Bullhead and headed straight for the deep green trees for cover.

Ruby Rose's POV
After landing with my scythe, Cresent Rose, I looked around to see Blake jumping down from the tree branches, Yang using her gauntlets to crush her way down through the trees, and Weiss using her Glyph to flow down. Once we all assembled, we started to look around for Grimm. Naturally, the Grimm should head straight for us. I wasn't sure why they didn't just show up like they used to.

Weiss: where are they?
Yang: I'm not sure... Maybe they're scared that we'll beat them up!
Blake: I doubt it... Maybe we should split up into groups?

We all nodded and I had Bumblebee head West while me and Weiss moved East. After asking Weiss which way was East, we headed on!

Ruby: where did they go?! Are they out fighting other students?!
Weiss: I don't know! Just calm down and wait for a moment!

I groan in annoyance as Weiss rolls her eyes. I look around for something until I suddenly hear something snap as I fell down. I screamed in terror as I dropped Cresent Rose and continues to fall. I looked down and squeaked and screamed louder.

I fell into the black pool and tried my best to get to the surface, hearing screams and roars as I felt my consciousness slowly drift away

..
...

.....

...
..

Weiss: Ruby?!

..
...

.....

...
..

Blake: Ruby?!!

..
...

.....

...
..

Yang: RUBY?!!!

My eyes shot open and I shot up, panting heavily in a panic as I darted my gaze around... I was in the med bay...

Ruby: W..W-What h-happened?!
Yang: Ruby, Calm down. Weiss said you fell down a hole and passed out so we took you to the med bay as soon as possible
Blake: can you tell us what happened?
Ruby: a-ah...y-yes um... There w-was this black p-puddle and...a-and it had white in it...I-I heard screaming a-and..
Weiss: there wasn't a black puddle. When I went to get you, you were passed out and your aura was almost depleted completely
Blake: When we got you out of the pit, there wasn't anything too weird around the area

I panted and looked at them and wipped my eyes.

Ruby: b..but I saw it.. A-and heard it t-too...
Yang: Sis.. Maybe you need some sleep?
Weiss: Maybe. Lets try to calm down inside of the dorm... If you want, we can invite (YN). He's been worried sick

I lay my head back at the table and wipe my brow. (YN)... I didn't even think about him... Agh, I must have worried him sick.. We haven't even had a date yet and Im already starting to stress out

Ruby: Y..yea..y-yea bring him in...

The others nodded and left the room for a few moments and I saw (YN) bardge through the door and and rush to my side, carefully holding my hand in his own as he looks at me with a worried look. He was crying a moment ago... I held his hand and looked over at him.

Ruby: sorry...
(YN): Why?.. You're okay! I'm just happy you're safe..
Ruby: b-but...you c-cried...worrying f-for me..

He stared at me with a soft, gentle gaze. Tears threatening to well up again as he hugged me tightly.

(YN): never...never think You're not worth crying for...no matter what..I love you Ruby...whatever happens... I love you
Ruby: I-I...I love you t-too...

I sniffled softly as I hugged him back...