16: Secrets and Trust

Reader's POV
Ruby stared at Us in fear and anger as we recovered. Dropping her weapon in shock.

Roman: Well, Id love to stick and chat but I have a friend to meet. See you around, (YN). Or Venom as I should say

Roman laughed as he made his way to the bullhead. We chased after him but he fired bursts of dust at us and kept us at bay as he made his get away. We roared in anger as we were forced to watch as he escaped.

Ruby:...Venom.

We turned over slightly and saw Ruby ready her weapon, glaring at us.

Ruby:...y-you..(YN)... YOU were Venom this whole time..
Venom/(YN): Ruby. We can exp-

Ruby charged at us and cut us with her scythe with the wound she left healing faster then when she made it. We decided to not fight back and let her take her anger out on us... We deserve it..

Ruby: Why didnt you tell me?!
Venom: We were protecting you...
Rubt: From what?! The TRUTH?!

Ruby started to slice more at our leg and back.

Ruby: That YOU were the one I felt responsible for?! That I've spent weeks stressing myself out just for YOU to be Venom?!

At this point, her attacks were growing less and less frequent.

Ruby: Why? Why didn't you tell me?! I thought I could trust you, and yet you keep this secret from me?!
Venom: Ruby...
Ruby: Not only did you hide Venom from me, but you also killed and ate people! No more hiding (YN)! I need to talk to YOU!

At this point, she attacked with sluggish slices and was looking tired. We decided to listen and Venom released me, retreating back into my body.

Ruby:..you...
(YN):...Ruby, I-
Ruby: Why?! Why didn't you tell me?!
(YN):...
Ruby: Well?

I kept my head low and sighed as I ran my hand through your hair...

Ruby:... What else are you hiding?..
(YN): what do you mean..?
Ruby: Roman knew who you were. How? What did he mean by you betraying him.
(YN):...
Ruby: You're clearly the kind to keep secrets from your childhood friends!... I thought... I thought me and Yang would be the last ones you would lie to. That we were close enough that you would tell us anything...
(YN):... Ruby.. I.. I was trying to keep you safe..
Ruby: From what? Venom? The whitefang? From what?!
(YN): From ME!

Ruby only looked at me with a puzzled look while her glare never died.

Ruby: Explain. Now.
(YN):... Fine..

I then explained to her how I met Venom. Everything that happened, from fighting Roman as Venom for the first time, to now. Her gaze piercing through me almost like a knife.

(YN): and here we are...
Ruby: and how does Roman know about you? What did he mean by 'betray'?...
(YN):...I ... I.. I have a brother who works with the White Fang... And I used to be a part of it..
Ruby:..

Ruby nodded and kept her gaze, softening it a bit. She met my parents... Mercy and Grey...Black. And my older brother... My parents were Faunas. They adopted me and Mercury, my older brother, into their home... And their cause. They were a part of a group that would protest against the discrimmination of faunas.

The White Fang

Ruby:...you were a white fang member..
(YN): Yes...
Ruby: and you were still a part when they...commited crimes..?
(YN): ...Only through Ozpin's help was I able to leave..
Ruby:...he gave you a second chance..
(YN): He caught me during a heist and offered me a chance to be with you and yang... I took it and became a student kf Beacon...
Ruby:...and how did me and Yang not know of you and the white fang?..
(YN): My parents did what it took to keep it from you... I was scared that you two would hate me...
Ruby:... I wouldn't judge you for your past.. I'm not happy with How you kept this from us...

Ruby sniffed as her face was hidden by her bangs. She lowered her weapon and put it away...

Ruby:...you didnt want us to know because you thought..
(YN): it made me a monster...
Ruby:...I never saw you as a monster.. Not even now..
(YN):...really..?
Ruby: Yes... But.. How do I know if I can even trust you..?

Ruby looked at me with tears in her eyes...

Ruby: Ive been hunting Venom for a month...and to think that he was right next to me... And my own boyfriend never even told me...
(YN):..i didnt want you to hate me..
Ruby: I don't hate you... I don't think I ever can... I don't know if I can trust you...

With that, Ruby turned from me and walked away, silently weeping as i stayed still...

(YN):...are you happy..?
Venom: why would I be?
(YN):... I don't know. Why haven't I told her before.. Im such a fucking idiot..
Venom: Stop. You were afraid. She can't possibly blame you for being afraid
(YN): she did... I kept you from her and you were her target..
Venom:... She's after me because she thinks I'm a Grimm... Yes?
(YN):...Because she feels like you're going to hurt people..
Venom:... Very well.
(YN): why do you even care?..

Venom remained silent and I sighed... I decided to call it a night...with a heavy heart that weighed me down.