18: Change

Roman's POV
I held Neo's hand as she layed there on the bed. She woke up and wasn't allowed to move from the bed until she got a replacement leg. Neo was still trying to be as bright and silly as she used to be but I saw through her fake smiles... Venom was going to pay..

Neo:...dad?..
Roman: Yes?
Neo:...if I get a new leg-
Roman: *When you get a new leg.... Im not going to let white gang brush this off.
Neo: Mm...

Neo nodded and put my hat on her head... It kills me to have her in this bad of shape... A giant bite mark in one leg and the other completely off... I clenched my fist and sighed as I hugged my daughter gently..

Mercury: Roman. The mech
Roman: Not now..
Mercury: Come on. Lets go.
Roman: damn kid... Did mama not love you as a kid?
Mercury:...lets just get the damn suit finished.

Neo giggled as Mercury left the room. I ruffled her hair and let her keep my hat as I left the room.

Roman: You take care, Ice cream. You know that if you need anything, my scroll is right there
Neo: Mhm..!..

I closed the door and turned over to Mercury, who was gesturing to move on. I sighed and nodded, going back to working on the dust suit to get it combat ready for Venom.

Roman: So what's the deal with you and Venom anyway? Does Riot feel bitter about Venom being mom's favorite?
Mercury: Quite the opposite, actually.
Roman: What?
Mercury: Riot said something about Venom being the weaker of the two. But since Venom can give birth to offspring that can kill it, It wants Venom out of the picture.
Roman: Oh! So it wants Venom outta the picture because it can get preggers and the babies can kill it?
Mercury: If you want to simplify it, sure.

I nodded to myself and started to work on adding extra armor to the mech. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to add anymore.

Mercury: So you're finally done with this thing?
Roman: Im pretty sure. Though I wish I could have added another sound canon..
Mercury: I think it's good enough.

Mercury gave the suit a light kick and surely enough, there wasn't a dent on the armor.

Mercury: Great. Now, lets get on with the main plan.
Roman: Oh. Cinder's plan.
Mercury: Yep. Now...

Riot: I'm going to invite our target to our special party...

Meanwhile...(Days later)

Reader's POV
I slowly woke up to see that I was on top of a tall tower in Vale. My eyes widened and before I could panic, I realized that Venom was looking at the city while in control of my body.

(YN): uh... Venom?
Venom: Yes, (YN)?
(YN): what are we doing up here?..
Venom: I wanted to get a better view of this... Vale. It isn't as ugly as I wanted to believe it was...

Venom started to climb down the tower and leaped far away from the tower. Landing into a forest, he looked around and slowly started to go back into me... I just layed back and curled up near a tree...

Venom: (YN)?
(YN):...leave me alone..
Venom: What's wrong?
(YN): Oh I dont know... Maybe it's that my childhood friends dont trust me... I doubt they even like me...and ruby... I should have told her everything...
Venom: you say that like it's the end
(YN): Why would they forgive me?! Ruby was right! All I do is just keep secrets from her
Venom: And yet you try to be a better friend for her. You try to protect her and keep her and Yang safe
(YN): How?! How did I do that?
Venom: You never attacked Ruby or Yang when you were in control. If anything, you tried to go out of our way to keep them safe.
(YN):...
Venom: You may not realize it, but you are a great friend to them. And...
(YN): ...and what?

Venom suddenly stood me up as tendrils started to emerge from my arm, forming his face.

Venom:... Riot.
(YN): Riot? What's that?
Venom: Another of my kind... He is at Beacon!
(YN): Beacon?!

Venom began to bond with me and continued to over the city of Vale

Just days later...

Ruby's POV
I sat down in the dorm room and sighed... Yang was in the bathroom, once again trying to think about (YN) and what he did... Why did he do it..? He kept such important secrets from us... Why? What was his reason?.. Yang suddenly opened the bathroom door and she looked like a mess. Lately, her hair has been messed up and her choice of clothes have been... Less then 'up to code' as Weiss would say. I buried my face into my knees and sighed. This was the 4th day that (YN).. Venom...? (YN) has been missing. He has been seen around Vale but... I don't know what to do...

Blake: Yang... Are you okay..?
Yang: I'm.. I'm alright.. Just been having a headache...

Blake nodded and scooted over on her bed and let Yang lay down next to her.

Yang: I just don't know why he did it...
Ruby:... I don't know..
Blake:... I... I'm not sure I blame him for hiding it...
Ruby/Yang: What?..

Weiss then walked into the dorm with some more food as Zwei barked happily.

Blake: I mean... I hid the fact that Im a faunas from you guys... I did it because I didnt want to be picked on and hated for who I was... Maybe that's something like what (YN) felt..?
Ruby: But Venom killed people.. It hurt innocent people...
Blake: Yes... But maybe that can also be a reason why (YN) didn't say anything?... It's just a thought...

I sighed and layed back as Yang sat up and started to play with Blake's hair.

Both of us had to think long and hard about this...