19: Beacon Falls

Ruby's POV
The day started like any other would. Weiss would wake everyone up and help us all get the day started, Blake would make us breakfast, Yang would get our uniforms, and I would blow a whistle because I'm important! Only... We were a lot more um... Beat up. We struggled to get to class on time and we didn't volunteer for sparing in Me. Goodwitch's class...

Yes, today wasn't a normal day and it's easy to see how. I didn't even get cookies...

While we all were trying to get settled in at lunch, the schools alarm suddenly went off with all first, second, third, and forth years being told to evacuate Beacon due to an attack... Huh... Wait, an attack?

Suddenly an explosion went off. While some of the building crashed down. Weiss used a glyph to shield us from the falling debris and we looked out to see a large swarm of Grimm... This couldn't be good..

Meanwhile...

Reader's POV
Venom and I kept a low profile in Vale. The last thing I wanted right now was to draw to much attention to myself when it could avoided. I sighed to myself as I walked into a food shop to get a small snack when suddenly Venom started to react...

(YN): What is it?
Venom:... Riot.
(YN): Riot? What's that?
Venom: Another of my kind... He is at Beacon.
(YN): Beacon? Why?
Venom: I'm not quite sure. But whether we like it or not...

Venom then began to bond with me and take over as he looked over the city of Vale.

Venom: We must save Innocent life from Riot. At whatever cost!
(YN): Wait Wait. What the hell happened to you to make you change your mind?! I thought you wanted to eat people and now you want to save them?!
Venom: Yes!
(YN): What happened?!
Venom: I was taught better.
(YN): From who?!
Venom:... From you and Ruby... You both taught me that lives can have value. Only if youre willing to give their lives value.
(YN): that's not... Fuck it. Lets save lives, Partner.

Venom nodded and we started to make our way to Beacon.

Back to RWBY

Beacon was in ruins. With Grimm running unchecked through out the school, Teams for forced to fight or evacuate. Only Team RWBY was left standing as they all killed Grimm with their supply of dust. While Yang blew threw each grimm, wave after wave with ease, Ruby was having a harder time as she was weighted down by her thoughts.

Weiss: Ruby!

The young huntress looked over and saw Weiss impale a Beowolf and force it away.

Weiss: Pay more attention!
Ruby: R-Right! Sorry!

Weiss nodded as Yang and Blake cut through grimm after grimm with Yang using her anger and emotions to kill each Grimm. After what felt like hours of fighting,

Yang's eyes started to change from red, to an almost milky white.

Blake: are you okay?
Yang: Y-Yea, I'm fine.. What about Ruby and Weiss?
Ruby: We've been better!

Suddenly, A large mechanized suit has come charging through the Grimm. Crushing its way through the Grimm, it launched fire dust at the team. Yang readied herself for attacking but recoiled in pain in intense pain as she held her head.

Ruby: Yang?!
Blake: What's wrong?
Weiss: Come on! We have a fight to win!

Yang started to hiss in pain as she rolled onto her stomach, small bits of yellow, black, and red tendrils started to cover her. The team stood back as Yang's Scream would be replaced by a violent screech.

Ruby: Y-Yang?!
Weiss: Another Grimm!?
Blake: Oh no...
Roman: Perfect! Now I could test my mech against one of you symbiote bastards

"Scream" held her head and leot screeching in pain as fire surrounded it. Blake used her ribbon to move her out of the way while Weiss chilled off the flames and reflected any fire dust that was sent after her. While Ruby and Weiss kept her busy, Blake held Scream close..

Blake: Yang?!
Scream: AGH!
Blake: Yang! Please!!
Scream/Yang: GAH!! THE N-NOISE!!

Scream's hair started to lash out and destroy rocks and debris around the two until Blake tried to move Scream away from the fire and the sound blasts.

While Blake moved Yang away, Weiss was slammed into Ruby and both were knocked down. Roman laughed and smirked.

Roman: A damn shame. Seems without that symbiote, you can't even defend yourself.
???: But We can!

Suddenly, hair like tendrils grappled at the mech's arm as Scream kicked it down.

Scream: Don't touch my sister!
Roman: Gah! Damn it!

The mech suit grabbed Scream by the hair and threw her away.

Roman: I don't need to waste any strength on you. But Now it's time to crush the rose!

Ruby picked Weiss up but before she could use her semblance, Roman launched a fist at her.