8: Family

Roman's POV
After forcing the whitefang  soldiers to carry Neo and evacuate, we made it to the Bullhead. I look over at Neo and see that she was struggling to keep herself from freaking out too badly. I pick her up and crush her to the med bay and force everyone in my way to move. Once I layed her down onto the medical bed, I look over at one of the faunas nurses.

Roman: You! Her! NOW!

The nurse jumped a bit, startled clearly as she immediently went to work. Neo was panting as small breathes of pain left. I gripped onto my cane and left the faunas to help Neo with her legs.

Once I went into the control room, I yelled and grabbed a chair, throwing it across the room.

Roman: What the hell was that thing?!
???: I'm not exactly sure. Rest assured, it's best we steer clear of that... Thing.

I look over and saw my 'partner' as she calls herself... Cinder Fall.

Roman: Fuck that! That thing hurt Neo! Im going to put that thing in the dirtCinder: We don't need you exhausting our resources

Cinder: We don't need you exhausting our resources. Nor do we need any attention drawn to us. It's enough that you and squad beta got caught red handed!
Roman: That thing hurt my daughter! If you think that I'm just going to let this shit slide, then you need to think again.

By now, I was standing over Cinder, who backed up into a wall. Gripping my cane in my hand, I threw it to the side of the bullhead, piercing through the wall and almost stabbing into a soldier.

Cinder: so you really think you have to hunt this creature down?
Roman: I have to do it for Neo. Now or never.

Cinder just crossed her arms and sighed softly as I broke apart a chair... Red was going to pay.

Meanwhile...

Ruby's POV
I could hardly make it back to Beacon until I got tackled into a bone crushing hug as Yang and (YN) constrict me. I gasp and squirm for a breath as Yang's eyes glow red.

Yang: Where did you go?! (YN) just said that you needed a breath of air and now you're out of campus?
Weiss: We are headed right back to the dorm and you are going to explain yourself!

Ruby panted softly as the hug loosened around her. She explained to everyone what happened, telling them all that she just felt sick ever since the emerald forest misson. (YN) just hugged me and buried his face into my neck..

(YN): i was worried about you...

I nodded shyly and buried my face into his shoulder, clinging onto him...

The very next morning...

I was asleep. Awake enough to know that I was tossing and turning, but to asleep to care. I heard shuffling in the distance and open my eye slightly to see that Weiss was cleaning the room. She seemed to have out (YN)'s bean bag into the corner of the room and and organized the games next to the TV. While she started to fold some of our clothes, I got up and yawned quietly, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

Weiss: are you okay?
Ruby: mm?.. I-I'm still a tab shaken up...
Weiss: then lay back down and get some rest
Ruby: where's the others..?
Weiss: Yang and Blake are in Vale to get some food

Vale... Venom?.. I abandoned Venom in Vale.. Curling up, I cover my face and lay back down...hopefully Yang and Blake can keep their wits about them.. Wait... Venom eats people... He could be killing innocent people! I get off of bed and grab Cresent Rose in a rush.

Weiss: where are you going?
Ruby: Vale
Weiss: What? Why?

I grabbed a snack from the kitchen and Weiss grabbed my wrist before I could leave.

Weiss: You still seemed shaken up from last night. Lay down and get some rest
Ruby: B-But Yang and Blake!
Weiss: They're getting food Ruby, calm down
Ruby: J-Just... Get your rapier and lets go to Vale!
Weiss: Why would I?-
Ruby: Just go!

Confused, Weiss hesitently got her weapon and I grabbed her by the wrist and used my semblance to rush out of the dorm.

TimeSkip...

Weiss and I rushed out of the bullhead and looked around. I brought out my scroll and dialed Yang.

Yang: Yea?-
Ruby: Where are you two?
Yang: We're at your favorite bakery, silly. How was your rest?
Ruby: Good! On the way over!

I abruptly ended the call and grabbed Weiss' hand and rushed to the bakery while Weiss screamed from the high speeds.

Once we made it to the bakery, I tackled Blake and Yang into an extremely tight hug. Catching them both by suprise as they get knocked back from the impact. Looking into their eyes, I didn't see a sign of Venom anywhere... He didn't get them..

Blake: are you okay Ruby?
Ruby: J-Just... Nightmare..
Weiss: you had me leave the room just because you had a nightmare!?
Ruby: I-I was Scared...
Yang: It's okay Weiss. 'Chill' out
Weiss: AGH!

We headed back over to the Bullhead to head over to the dorms... I know that none of my teammates are infected by Venom.. But where is he...?