9: Obsession

People have been missing throughout Vale. Starting off with small, minor things like homeless and faunas disappearances, all the way to members of white fang and "bad" people. All that would remain would just be small bits of flesh and skeleton around allies and dark places. No one was exactly sure on what was going on. No one but Ruby. She felt responsible for Venom being on the lose and dedicated anytime she had to finding and killing Venom to end his reign of fear over Vale. Spending almost three weeks trying to find Venom, her grades were suffering. While Ruby was going to get ready for another check around Vale, Yang grabbed her by the wrist.

Yang: Are you going to Vale again?
Ruby: I have to.. 
Weiss: Why?! As our leader, you have to stay and make sure you're at top condition in case we go out on another mission!
Yang: Why are you leaving again? I'm not letting you leave until you tell us what's wrong
Ruby:...n-none of you would understand.. I have to catch what I let loose before everyone disappears..

The team just looked at their leader in confusion.When Ruby tried to break free of Yang's grip, Blake placed her hand on her shoulder, sighing quietly.

Blake: We're your team Ruby.. You can trust us with anything. We're worried about you. So please, tell us whats wrong...
Ruby:...I-I c-can't..

Blake sighed as Weiss got off the scroll, locking the door as she turned to her teammates.

Weiss: I called Ozpin... He is willing to give Ruby only one more day off.. Today, and Today alone. So now you have to tell us what's wrong Ruby. Your actions are affecting everyone!
Ruby: everyone..

Yang sat her little sister onto a bean bag as her teammates sat around her, looking with concern. Taking a deep breath, Ruby sighed and curled up as she glanced at her teammates.

Ruby:...remember the Emerald forest thing? When I fell into that pit and was knocked out?
Yang: Yes..?
Ruby: there was a grimm there.. I don't know what kind it was, but It was in my head.. It was in my veins...
Weiss: There was a grimm inside you? 
Ruby: It called itself Venom and.. It only allowed me to live because it wanted to use me as a way to get close to humans so..so it could...
Blake: so it could what?
Ruby:...e..e-eat them..

The team's eyes lit up. Weiss had a look of disgust and fear as she covered her mouth, Blake lowered her head as her ears flattened, and Yang covered her mouth in shock.

Yang: You...didn't eat anyone..did you?
Ruby: no but.. that's why I have been leaving so often.. I'm the one who set Venom loose, and it's my responsibility to capture him

Weiss, Blake, and Yang all looked at their leader, not very sure what to do. If Ruby was telling the truth, then Venom broke her to the point to where she was obsessed with it. Constantly thinking of ways to get rid of it and kill it for several of weeks, always feeling like it was her responsibility and her fault when it hurt someone. The three girls looked at each other and nodded as they stood up.

Weiss: I'm not sure what this 'Venom' thing looks like, but The state of the leader says a lot about the team. If you're stressed out about it, I'm not going to stand by and let you hurt yourself over it
Yang: Yea! If this thing thinks it can beat my sis down and not have to deal with me, then it has a foot waiting too kick its ass!

Ruby smiled at the two and looked over at Blake, who stood up as well and crossed her arms.

Blake: I know what it's like to feel responsible for releasing a monster.. So lets go and make sure this thing doesn't hurt anyone else.

Ruby was taken aback from her team's support. Nodding, she got up and wiped her eyes as they all got their weapons. They were going to Vale

Meanwhile...

Reader's POV
After I defeated CRDL on my own, I went into the locker room and tried to text Ruby again.

(YN): Ruby? I know you have been busy for the past few weeks. I just want to let you know that I'm always here for you.. I love you rubes

I put my scroll into my pocket and sighed as I headed back to Ms. Goodwitch's class. Class ended when I got back and I decided to sit alone.. I don't know why, but Ruby hasn't really been around lately. Was she cheating?... She couldn't be. Yang would tell me if she was. Is she always working? She doesn't really go to class anymore.. I take out my scroll and realized that Yang texted me just now.

(Text Message !)
Yang: Oi!
(YN): Yang? Where are you? How is Ruby?
Yang: I'm heading to Vale and Ruby is with me
(YN): What?! But class!
Yang: I know. But something came up and Ruby has to do something
(YN): Do what? Is she okay?
Yang: She's better. Get your things, you're coming with us
(YN): But I can't
Yang: and why not?
(YN): I...have homework...
Yang:... Im going to pretend you didn't say that. Just get your shit

I sighed and stood up. Yang always did drag me into crazy stuff like this...