15: The Date

The young man walked to RWBY's dorm and knocked at the door. After waiting a second, the door was opened to reveal Weiss.

Weiss: Ah, (YN)
Ruby: (Y-YN) is here?!
Blake: Ruby, Calm down
Ruby: B-B-But!
Weiss: Ruby, put your heels back on!
Ruby: I hate heels! They're filth!!
Blake: Ruby!
Ruby: Kiya!!

Ruby suddenly ran out of the dorm.

Blake: Put the heels on!Ruby: Noooo! (YN) wouldn't mind! Right (YN)?(YN): I wouldn'tRuby: haHA! Told you!

Ruby: Noooo! (YN) wouldn't mind! Right (YN)?
(YN): I wouldn't
Ruby: haHA! Told you!

Blake and Weiss sighed in irritation as Ruby put on normal shoes and put the heels back into her room. When she looked at me with a small smile, I felt my heart skip a beat. She blushed softly and glanced up at me.

Ruby: L-Like the dress? Weiss picked i-it out..
(YN): you look beautiful...

She blushed more and smiled as she wrapped her arms around my own arm. We then made our way to Vale while talking to each other about how Yang threatened to beat me senseless.

TimeSkip to Vale

Reader's POV
We settled down and stopped at Vale, holding each others hand while we laughed.

Ruby: I'll talk to her. She needs to calm down with her threats
(YN): Honestly. I knew you two for several of years, more then a decade, and yet she still threatens me

We both laugh and shake our heads.

Ruby: Honestly.. I can't believe we met almost 11 years ago.
(YN): I can't believe that you didn't like cookies when we first met
Ruby: Shhh. Don't get telling anyone!

Ruby giggled and I pecked her forehead, causing her to hide her face and continue giggling quietly. Honestly, I don't think I could ever get over Ruby's smile.

Venom: so what exactly is the point of this?
(YN): consider it...claiming someone for yourself.

I held Ruby's hand as we headed to the arcade. I bought tokens to play games and Ruby dragged me to any competitive game she could find.

Ruby: Whoever wins has to do Team RWBY's dishes!
(YN): Isn't your turn though to wash them?
Ruby: Irrelevant!

I only chuckled and walked to a game. Ruby went to my left and we selected our characters.

Several of rounds later...

Ruby: Whyyyyy?
(YN): using the same attack repeatedly makes you predictable

Ruby huffed and leaned her head onto my shoulder. i held her hand and chuckled.

Ruby: You still need to do the dishes...
(YN): But I won. Why?
Ruby: Because They're dishes! I'm still in my youth, I need to have funn and all that!
(YN): Pfft. Are you calling me old?
Ruby: N-NO!

I chuckled while Ruby scrambled for the right words. It was adorable when she acted dorky like this.

Ruby: I-I mean uh!...Please?..
(YN): Finnne. But you have to give me cookies
Ruby: Mm.. You drive a hard bargain!

I laughed as Ruby was seriously considering it. Kissing her cheek, she squeaks and looks at me.

Ruby: Staap! Im trying to focus
(YN): Nope

Ruby giggled and rolled her eyes.

Ruby: You dare use 'Nope' against ME?
(YN): I do

Ruby then took my hand and started to take me to a near by bakery for cookies. RIP my wallet. Ruby went into the bakery and ordered... Suprisingly enough, only two cookies. I purchased them and we walked out from the store with Ruby as we ate our cookies. Ruby continued to race me around the main street until a sudden loud explosion erupted on the other side of the street. Ruby suddenly brought out her Cresent Rose and I looked at her dumbfounded.

(YN): You brought your weapon?!
Ruby: Duh! Now get your weapon!
(YN): I didn't bring it!
Ruby:... Why?!
(YN): Because this is a date!

Ruby then used her semblance to pick me up and move me away, kissing my cheek.

Ruby: Stay here. Ill see what it is
(YN): What?! No! I ha-

Before I could finish talking, Ruby raced away to the Dust shop.

Venom: That was rude.
(YN): I have to protect her..
Venom: *We have to.
(YN): Fine. No biting heads off or killing people.

I nodded to myself and started to run to the dust shop. I looked in to see Ruby get kicked out of the store by Roman. I kept myself hidden as White Gang soldiers walked out from the shop and took several of canisters of Dust. I ran over and punched one of them in the face, catching the attention of all of them.

Roman: (YN)?!
Ruby: (YN)?! STAY BACK!

Ruby tried to hit Roman but he dodged and grabbed her by the back of her head.

Roman: Well Well Well. If ut isn't (YN)!
(YN): Let her go damn you!
Roman: I don't think so. Not only do you ditchs us, You go and become an enemy?!
Ruby: Y-You don't know what You're talking about!
(YN): Let her go!!
Venom: He is threatening your Rose.. Kill him.
(YN):... Roman.
Roman: What? It's too late to beg (YN)!

I growled in anger, Ignoring venom as it covered my arms. I charged towards Roman and as he tried to use Ruby as a shield, we grabbed him by the throat as Venom slowly took over.

 I charged towards Roman and as he tried to use Ruby as a shield, we grabbed him by the throat as Venom slowly took over

Venom: Ah yes. The father of the first Human snack we had. We wonder if you're just as sweet as she was

Roman glared at us and aimed his cane at us, shooting us with a burst of fire dust. We staggered back and threw him as we recoiled, Venom slowly recovering...

Ruby:...(Y-....Y-YN)..?