Chapter 1

Chapter 1-Morgan and Charlotte Meet

Morgan's P.O.V.

“Why am I doing this?” I said to myself. The strong wind was ^making a loud grr sound in my ear. I felt my strong grip to my black Carhartt. I took one last deep breath and walked into the studio. People greeted me with their warm smiles.

A dark skinned man stopped me before proceeding any further,”State your name, occupation and belonging here?” He had a head piece on with a pen crammed behind his ear,

“Hello, I’m Morgan. I work at a small coffee shop, while I just finished college. And I’m one of contestant on the show.” I said, finally taking in some air to breath.

He looked at me, studying my face and the picture I gave them during my audition. “Okay, you’ll be getting your makeup done, so go straight and take a left then; you’ll be taken into good hands.”

“Okay, thank you.”

I made my way towards the chair, it was crowded getting past everyone. I was like a lost puppy in the city, jumping over cords, dodging props and coffee maniacs. Then I finally made it.

“Can I take your jacket Morgan?” I stared at the lady in front of me, she was obviously fashion forward, she whom wore a peach jumpsuit and nude stilettos. That man must have given her my name.

“Um...Yeah, I guess.”

“Oh by the way my name is Jane.” Then she left with my jacket in hand. I watched as she walked away from me, her heels clicking against the white tiles.

“Hello my name is Charlotte!” The girl in the chair next to me said, extending out her hand. Charlotte had part of her hair in curlers, where all you could see was her black hair, while the rest of her hair ombre to red.

I shook her hand, “Morgan.” Then there was silence after that. I bobbed up and down in my chair, I was beginning to become even more nervous than I thought. Not only do I have to find love, but I have to compete with other girls to do so.

The decision was made, I don’t like Charlotte. She’s competition.

“You girls could be sisters!” Jane shouted, looking at Charlotte then me. I didn’t see it. “Oh, my gosh.” Jane began fanning herself rapidly with her hand as if she were to faint “I’ll be right back.”

I stared at myself through the mirror. This was the last person I wished to look like. Sure I like her hair a lot but she was just too happy almost if she were acting. So what is Jane going to do because we look alike. Plastic surgery? No that’s a little too extreme I would never do anything like that

Then Jane came back with a cart of hair dye.”Guess what I’m doing?” She said in a high pitched scream. “I’m dying your hair Morgan!”

“Shit,” I said. “My hair is going to be ruined.”

“You're going to be fine. I dye my own hair and if you don’t like your new hair,” Charlotte looks around before finishing. “I can always fix it.”

I smiled at her. That was sweet but she is still competition nothing is really going to change that.

Why was this girl so happy anyway? This is a competition where we compete for love.

Jane did her thing, she put the dye in my hair and let it sit for awhile. Then Jane began finishing what she had started over on Charlotte’s hair.

“Morgan, guess what time it is honey?” Jane said, who again shouted. The other girls that were there looked at me. I didn’t realise more of the competition was here. These four girls had pin straight blonde hair and had a thin figure. Sounds like my brothers type.

I have three brothers, two which are older and the other younger. I hate my older brothers, Matt, Mario, and Mason. And my youngest brother Mikey holds a special in my heart. He’s my favorite of them all, I really don’t mind choosing my favorite.

I sighed, “Yeah, I guess.” Honestly, I was nervous, very nervous. I don’t even know what color Jane dyed my hair. It could be blonde for all I know. Oh no.

“Here it is. Oh its so so cute Morgan. Look at it.” Jane said.

And I did look at it. Red. This was definitely better than what I was thinking. The red mixed with my dark hair, making the red look natural. “I love it Jane. Thank you.”

“Morgan you look amazing. The red looks really great on you.” Charlotte said.

“Thanks.” I said.