Chapter 1 - Left Behind

I'm so excited to go on another adventure! Happy and I left our house early this morning and we were on our way to the guild. Along the way, we spotted Lucy walking along the edge of the river with her arms out, balancing herself. "Good morning Lucy! Don't fall in!" one of the boatmen called out as his boat drifted along the river. "Morning and I won't!" she said back happily.

"Hey Lucy!" I called out, grabbing her attention. "Morning Natsu, morning Happy" she said with a big smile on her face. I love it when she smiles. We walked side by side as we walked to the guild while Happy flew beside us. "I can't wait to go on a job today! Maybe I can fight someone?!" I said excitedly. "Actually Natsu... Lucy promised to go on a job with just me today" Happy told me. I felt my world crumble, "why?!" I exclaimed. "We always go on jobs together and I want to do a job with just Lucy" Happy replied as he crashed into Lucy's breasts in a hug.

I pouted, but I couldn't be mad at my little buddy. "Happy doesn't want to do a job with me! The world must be ending!" I say dramatically. I heard Lucy giggle at my silliness. "Alright, as long as we go on a job, the three of us, when you both get back" I said. Happy smiled brightly as he said "aye!"

When we finally arrived at the guild, I kicked the doors open to a lively guild. I followed Lucy and Happy to the request board. "What type of job should we do Happy?" Lucy asked as she searched the board. "I found one!" Happy replied as he ripped it off the board and gave it to Lucy. I looked over her shoulder, "find a rare plant for 100,000 jewels" she read out loud.

"Let's do this one Happy" Lucy said happily then they walked over to Mira. Once Mira approved their job, I waved goodbye to them from the guild doors. "See you later Natsu!" Lucy shouted as she waved back. This is the first time I had to wave Lucy and Happy as they left for a job. I didn't realise I was standing in the door way for a long time till Gray shouted in my ear "WAKE UP FLAME BRAIN!"

I held my ear in pain, damn my Dragon Slayer hearing, "what did you do that for Frosty!" I shouted. The ringing in my ear wouldn't stop. "You've been standing here for 15 minutes! I've been calling out to you" he argued. "You could've tapped me on the shoulder instead of shouting in my ear!" I argued back.

We started our usual fight till Erza bash out heads together. Gray and I held our heads in pain. Once the pain subsided, I wondered what I could do to entertain myself till Lucy and Happy get back. I don't remember the last time I was this bored. I decided to sit at the bar and talk with Mira.

"What's the matter Natsu?" she asked as I rest my head in my arms on the table. "Lucy and Happy went on a job without me" I replied with a pout. "Feeling useless Natsu?" Gray said with a smirk as he sat beside me. "Shut up Gray" I replied, "must be serious" he said as he noticed I wasn't in the mood to fight with him right now.

"I just feel bored that they aren't here" I said with a sigh. "How about you go on a small errand for me to take your mind off things?" Mira suggested. I instantly cheered up, if I keep myself busy, the sooner Lucy and Happy will come back. "Alright thanks Mira! What do you need?" I said cheerfully.

"Great! I've run out of strawberry cake, could you go down to the bakery and pick up the fifty cakes I ordered? Oh, and take Gray with you" she said happily. "Why do I need to take Gray with me?!" I exclaimed, "you can't carry fifty cakes all by yourself and you wouldn't want to upset Erza would you" she said with a smile that gave me a shiver down my spine.

Gray and I looked at where Erza was and saw a dark aura surrounding her from the lack of cake. "A-aye" Gray and I answered, imagining what Erza would do to us if we didn't get her cakes. We rushed down to the bakery like our life depended upon it.

We burst through the door of the bakery panting as we tried to catch our breath. Once we caught our breath, "we're here to collect the cakes for Fairy Tail" Gray told the baker. "Ah the fifty strawberry cakes" the baker said as he waved his hand for us to follow him. He took us to the back of his bakery and show us a trailer full of cake boxes. We thanked the baker as we pulled the trailer away.

Once we arrived back at the guild, "thank you so much boys!" Mira said happily. She took one of the boxes out of the trailer and gave Erza a slice. Erza's eyes sparkled as she took a bite. 'Phew no early death for me' I thought as I walked away from the bar.

Gray and I sat at one of the tables, 'now what do I do now?' I wondered. "So, what job did Lucy and Happy take?" Gray asked. "They had to find a rare plant or something" I answered, "ah, remember that job we went on to find that plant and a blizzardvern attacked us?" Gray asked. "Yeah and then Lucy became sick before the Flower Viewing Party" I replied. "Yeah and didn't you uproot one of the cherry blossom trees and sailed it down the river next to Lucy's house?" Gray asked. "I couldn't let Lucy miss out. It's no fun without her" I replied, smiling at the memory.

Suddenly the doors slam open, revealing Happy. "NATSU!" Happy cried out, I wonder why he seem upset and where is Lucy?