Chapter 30 - Embarrassment

Lucy's POV

I was in my apartment pacing up and down my living room. "Oh how embarrassing! How am I supposed to face Natsu again after this! I can't believe I referred to him as Master when I was a kitten! Although, it's not like he'll find out about the 'Master' thing... but it was still so embarrassing! Ah! I can't believe I let him hand feed me and only him! He must've figured out my feelings by now or maybe he hasn't? I mean he would be too dense to pick up these types of feelings but what if he's figured it out! I wonder how I'm going to face the guild, they might tease me. I remember Mira, Lisanna and Levy taking photos so it's obvious that they will tease me" I rambled to myself out loud.

Suddenly some knocking on the door interrupted my train of thoughts. 'It's probably someone from the guild. Ok, you can do this Lucy. Just act normal. Breathe in...Breathe out. Ok!' I thought preparing myself. I opened the door to Natsu standing there, hiding something behind his back. I didn't expect it to be him and I tried to slam the door shut but he stopped it with his hand.

"Please Lucy. I want to talk about earlier. Can I come in?" he asked nervously. I was shocked and surprised that the crazy Natsu I know and love is nervous and wanted to enter through the door. Even though he was nervous, his eyes said that he wasn't going to take no as an answer. "Alright" I sighed and opened the door wider for him to come in.

We walked into my living room and we sat side-by-side on my bed. An awkward silence engulf the room and we couldn't keep eye contact. Soon Natsu broke the silence, "um...These are for you" he said as he took a bouquet of pink and red roses from behind his back. "Aw, thank you Natsu" I said cheerfully with a blush as I accepted the roses. "This is the first time you've ever given me flowers" I said before taking a sniff of the rose's fragrance. I almost completely forgotten my embarrassment.

"Well...ah...I was on my way over here and I happened to pass a flower shop and ah...yeah..." he said nervously with a dark blush on his cheeks. This was the second time I saw him blushing in front of me. 'Don't overthink it. He's probably giving me this to me as a friend and because I ran out of the guild upset' I thought. I was distracted by the beautiful roses when he said "why did you run out of the guild upset? Did I do something wrong?" with concern.

I felt bad and knew he needed an explanation. I laid the roses on my desk and looked down at the floor. "No, you didn't. I was just embarrassed. I didn't know how to face you, I followed you everywhere and I only let you hand fed me tuna pieces. While I was a kitten I didn't remember my human self, if I remembered I wouldn't have done all those embarrassing things" I said and covered my face with my hands to hide my embarrassment.

I heard a sigh and felt two hands grab my wrists. Natsu moved my hands away from my face and turned my body to face him. He didn't let go of my wrists as I turned my head away from him. "Lucy, look at me" Natsu said but I didn't turn my head. "Please look at me Lucy" he begged and I felt my will broke as I turned my head towards him. As soon as our eyes made contact, he quickly leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. I was shocked at first but quickly kissed back. He took my first kiss!

He broke the kiss as we both needed air and held my head gently with his hands. "You shouldn't feel embarrassed about that. I loved it when you followed me around, I would always get jealous whenever you were with another person. I loved it when I was the only one you allowed to hand feed you. It made me feel special and it makes me happy when you rely on me. I wish I realised my feelings sooner. I love you Lucy" he said sincerely.

My eyes widened, 'he loves me?' I thought in shock. I began to cry and Natsu began to panic. "I love you too Natsu" I said with happy tears. His eyes widened like he couldn't believe what he heard and then he kissed me again. I melted into the kiss, I was surprised how great of a kisser his is. I broke the kiss and stared into his eyes. "You've been shocking and surprising me all day today" I said with a smile and he gave me his signature smile.

"So are we girlfriend and boyfriend?" he asked and I gave him a passionate kiss. Later I broke the kiss, "does that answer your question?" I replied and he nodded quickly with a deep blush. 'He's so cute' I thought. For the rest of the day, we cuddled in each other's arms on my bed until dinner. I cooked dinner for both of us and Natsu stuffed his face more than usual. "I've missed your cooking so much! Seconds please!" he exclaimed as he finished his first plate.

I happily made him a second, third, four and fifth plate of food before we cuddled on my bed again. "Are you ok to go to the guild tomorrow?" he asked as he stroked the back of my head. "I'm not sure. I'm nervous about going, everyone will ask questions" I replied as I rested my head on his chest. "Don't worry, if you feel uncomfortable I will tell everyone to back off" he said and kissed my forehead. I couldn't help but smile "thanks Natsu" I said.

I was feeling tired after an emotionally exhausting day I had and yawned. "Go to sleep Lucy" Natsu cooed and covered me with my blanket. As if his voice was soothing me to sleep, I closed my eyes and went to sleep. Dreaming of our life together as a couple.