Chapter 14 - Crocus

Lucy's POV

I laid comfortable on my Master's shoulders as we were heading to a job. I don't remember anything before I woke up on a table in front of the entire guild. My eyes were instantly drawn to the pink haired man named Natsu and I was glad he became my Master. As we walked down the dirt road towards our destination, we spotted a man who seemed lost. The man had messy chocolate brown hair and worea black muscle shirt, dark camo pants and black commando boots. "Ah! Can you tell me which way it is to Magnolia?" the man asked Master. My instincts were telling me not to trust this man. "Just follow this dirt road that way and you'll reach Magnolia" Master replied kindly.

"Thank you so much. Is that your cat? May I hold her?" the man asked. "Sure" Master replied but something about this man seemed dangerous to me. As his hand reached out to touch me, I hissed and scratched the back of his hand with my claws. "Lucy! Bad kitty!" Master scolded. My ears flatten as I was upset that Master was mad at me. "Sorry about that, she doesn't usually do that to strangers" Master told the man. "That's alright, maybe she's not in the mood today" the man replied.

"Anyway, I better get going. I hope you get to Magnolia" Master said as he walked off with me. I looked behind us at the man and noticed the man was looking directly at me with a smirk. Now I was 100% sure that man was evil. Once we were far away from the man, Master took me off his shoulder and held me in his hands in front of him. "Lucy, why did you do that?" Master asked. All I could do was look down sadly and meow 'sorry'. He seemed to understand and placed me back on his shoulder. "It doesn't matter, you might have your reasons" he said and I nuzzled into his cheek in affection.

Soon we arrived in Crocus, "I wonder how Sting and Rogue are doing?" Master muttered as we walked through the streets. I looked around the city in amazement, it was bigger than Magnolia. Master noticed a restaurant nearby and his stomach rumbled. "Lets eat there Lucy" Master suggested, I meowed in agreement. I was feeling a bit peckish myself.

We enter the restaurant and sit in one of the booths. Master placed me on the table and scratched my favourite spot, my jawline. I purred at his touched and rubbed my body against his hand that rested on the table. Suddenly a blond spiky haired man smashed his face against the glass window. I jumped in fear and hid behind Master's hand. "Natsu! I knew it was you!" the man said, muffled by the window. "Sting!" Master said happily, 'so Master knows this man?' I thought. "Hang on we'll come around" the man named Sting replied. 'We?' I wondered, then Sting came into the restaurant followed by a man with black hair.

"Hey Natsu, long time no see. How have you been man?" Sting said as he and his friend joined us in our booth. "Hey Sting and Rogue. I've been good, how about you two?" Master replied. "Yeah we've been good, Yukino really wants to see Lucy again. On that note, where is Lucy and Happy? Aren't they always with you?" Sting replied. 'Who's Yukino?' I wondered, I don't remember meeting her.

"Here's Lucy" Master said, pointing to me. I walked over to them and sat down in front of Sting. I meowed 'hello' as Sting and Rogue stared at me. "What, how?!" they exclaimed, "It's a long story..." Master started. I didn't want to sit through a long story, so I decided to walk back to my Master and curl up for a nap. I closed my eyes, blissfully feeling Master's hand stroke my back.

"Lucy wake up, it's time for lunch" I heard Master say, shaking me awake from my nap. I stretched and sat down, ready for my lunch. Master ate his lunch with one hand while holding out a piece of tuna in front of me, my favourite. I happily ate the piece of tuna out of his fingers. I could eat out of the bowl but I love getting attention from Master. "I wanna try feeding Lucy. Come here Lucy" Sting cooed as he held a piece of tuna in front of me. I turned my head away, I only allow Master to hand-feed me. "Yeah, Lucy doesn't let anyone other than me to hand-feed her" Master explained, feeding me another piece of tuna. Sting pouted disappointedly, "will she at least let me pet her?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. She scratched a man on our way here" Master replied. "You know, they say animals can sense if someone is good or bad" Rogue commented. "If that's true, let see what Lucy thinks of me" Sting said, reaching his hand towards me. My instincts told me these men were good and I was 100% sure since they're Master's friends. I let Sting stroke my back and I rubbed my body against his hand.

"You try Rogue" Sting suggested as he took his hand away and Rogue stroked my back. I rubbed my body against his hand and licked his fingers. "She likes me too" Rogue said, "how come she licked your fingers?" Sting pouted. "You're upset about that?" Rogue asked, "she likes you better, why wouldn't I be upset?" Sting replied. Suddenly Sting looked panicked, "you don't think Lector likes you more than me, do you?" Sting asked as he clutched Rogue's collar. "I'm 100% doubt that" Rogue replied as he removed Sting's hands from his collar.

Master looked at me with a thinking expression. He started to creep me out with how intense his eyes were so I hid behind Sting's hands. "So, she sensed that the man we saw earlier was bad?" Natsu asked as Sting scratched behind my ear. I love being scratched there and leaned into the scratch. "Probably, you did say it's weird for Lucy to scratch someone" Sting replied. I meowed in agreement, that man was evil! I hope we don't run into him again.